How do I install an amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I install an amp?

I tried searching, and came up with nothing. Forgive me if this has been asked before.

Where do I run the wires for my amp. (Amp is in the trunk) I hear that I have to go through the firewall, then take off the floor moldings, and run the wires through the carpet...where exactly are all these things located, and what do I have to do to get the wires through them? thanks.

For the power wire, the easiest thing to do is go thru the firewall on the passenger side. If you pull the carpet back you should see a lil grommet that you can poke through. You can run it thru there and along the same side if you like to whereever your amp is. Its suggested that you don't run the RCA and power wires on the same side so run the RCA on the drivers side to make sure you avoid any intereference

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
    by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I tried looking for the entries to the firewall today. I found the one in the trunk that you were talking about. But, I think the power wire has to be run from the engine to the trunk (has that fat fuse holder thats supposed to go next to the battery).

Does anyone know where the firewall entry in the engine is? Anyone have pictures of how they installed? Thanks.

Comment

go to your passenger side floor. pull back the carpet right above the ECU you will see a rubber grommet/plastic cover. poke a hole in it and snake your wire through there

Comment

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...g?t=1163872212
            FA1

Comment

thanks. i got everything wired up. im waiting for my new deck to arrive on tuesday so i can test everything. (no pcon wire on the current deck).

Comment

Working...
              X