Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To take off the door panel to change speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanted the fronts but now i want rear haha. its got like tiny gold things that have liek a star shape, is it a hex or a bolt..

Comment

draw a pic and take it to sears or the hardware store
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yea just do what accordztech said. here is a pic so at least we know what kind of screw.

first pic or second pic?

sorry the second pics is kind of crappy but its the best i could with the paint crap i got.

Comment

was more like the first pic, it didnt have a dot in the middle tho. but it was that shape.

Comment

its called a torx screw i think. print that out and go to the tool store. they have them and are like really cheap. i have a set here.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

so its not a hex? and its not a bolt?

Comment

Let me know if you still need help. I could print you out some diagrams from our books @ Circuit City. I work as in installer their. The best solution for cb7 is a component set however. The speakers in the front are soo low on the door, the sound doesnt travel up like it should. I will take pictures of mine to give you an idea. You can pick up a good set of componets rather cheap. Not to promote my place of work, but we sell some audiobahn 6.5 components for like 89 dollars a set. Check ebay as well. I will get pics up tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  its called a torx screw i think. print that out and go to the tool store. they have them and are like really cheap. i have a set here.
                  like he said its a torx. just get that and u should be able 2 get ur speakers out. no bolts just a torx head. i never seen it on a accord tho. i c them all the time on saturns but never on a accord. i guess maybe they ran out of normal screws when they was makin ur car. lol i dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderltd
                    Let me know if you still need help. I could print you out some diagrams from our books @ Circuit City. I work as in installer their. The best solution for cb7 is a component set however. The speakers in the front are soo low on the door, the sound doesnt travel up like it should. I will take pictures of mine to give you an idea. You can pick up a good set of componets rather cheap. Not to promote my place of work, but we sell some audiobahn 6.5 components for like 89 dollars a set. Check ebay as well. I will get pics up tomorrow night.
                    sorry 2 change the subject but i heard yall discount is bull shit now. is it true? i worked for CC for 3 years and over here by my place that place is just goin down the hill. i left CC last year and ever since i left and like 3 or 4 other guys there left its nothing but crap there now.

Comment

its like 25% above cost. Most items I just buy out right. Say something goes on sale from 150 to 99. You can get it cheaper at 99 with your discount, but if you buy it for 150, you will get it for like 140... The discounts changed going into xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderltd
                        dude if you could get me a pic of that.. that would be so great man.. i wonder why i have a torx screw in teh back.. hella good if u dont want peeps stealing your shit haha.. well neways.. whatever you can do to help me out with this is greatly appreciated man. i already bought the wire harness for the trunk.. for the 9x6's and those are the ones with the torx screws not the front, im not doing the front, seems like a pain in the ass..

Comment

lol thanks for the laugh 9x6's! Nah just playing, but they are called 6x9's. What model/year you have? my 92 lx has all 6 1/2's. What you want a pic of the door panel removal? or my component set mounting? the front isnt bad... Just need to be easy like george and weezzy, and be patient

Comment

yeah bro i meant 6x9, im half awake rite now and didnt catch it haha... i know my stuff .. just not all that attentive this evening.

Comment

ohh, btw i got a 96 accord.. my cb7 was totaled a lil bit back

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                                yeah bro i meant 6x9, im half awake rite now and didnt catch it haha... i know my stuff .. just not all that attentive this evening.
                                What you want a pic of the door panel removal? or my component set mounting? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X