Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To take off the door panel to change speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To take off the door panel to change speakers?

How do i take off the door panel to change speakers?

depending if its the left or right...there are a couple of screws. one is in the handle area...another is in the arm rest area...another is down on the bottom by the light..and the other is a cheapo screw in the inner door that touches the dashboard. after that everything should pop off...yet the handle area..i think u have to take out that in order to get it out.

its not that hard...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

they got it covered. on the passanger side its the same just there is another screw behind the door handle once u remove it.

Comment

what are u going to replace it with...lol give me the speaker housings...haha
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

k. i think im gonna tackle that within the next month or so.. i havent decided yet.. but stock speakers gotta go..

Comment

when i replaced my front speakers, i didn't have to take out the door panel. just 3 screws i think holding the speaker grill in place. i think there are two that you can see if you look at the door from underneath and one screw towards the front of the door... check that out first..

btw. i have a DX which came with 6.5's up front so... yeah.

Comment

yea the DX/LX has that option where u can just take the speaker cover off.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

It does have that option?

Comment

On the 96 im not sure i gotta check when i get home, but should it have that option to change it ? otherwise ima have to take it to a pro sh0p..

Comment

on the 96 model it should be easy. get in ur trunk look under the rear deck and there should be 3 screws holdin the it done or 3 bolts that r 10 mm bolts. then the speaker may be held down by 3 more bolts that r 8 mm. very easy. no need 2 take it 2 either best buy or circuit city for them 2 get easy money. when i do these rear speakers i love it cuz its so easy.

Comment

yeah i meant my front speakers tho, wut size bolts are holding the speakers in because i took off the cover to see fucking gold things that looked like a Hex, or stardriver rounded on the outside with a shape in the middle i was like WTF@ and went and returned the speakers i was sooo mad rofl.. how do i get that shit off ? cus ima buy speakers again and attempt an install.

Comment

u can remove the speaker cover but its not the smart thing 2 do. because u have a screw on top of the speakers thats high then the cover so its behind the door panel. remove the door panel 2 do the speakers. u have 1 screw right where u open the door. pop the door handle out and disconnect the bar that is attached on ur handle and unplug the door lock plug. u have another a screw where ur arm rest thing is at on ur door in side ur little pocket. and u have 1 more screw by the door light. remove all those screws and then u should be able 2 remove the door panel. now as far as the screw that is by the light i am can't remember if it is there on the 96 model. i know it has it on our car but can't remember if it has it on the 96 model also. the door should just be held in my like clips. get a flat head screw driver and jam it in between the door and the door panel and just pry it apart. if u got a digi cam take a pic of the screw so i can what u talkin bout.

Comment

ya what he said!

Comment

91accord, watch the post whoring before your posts start getting edited and deleted.. neway i meant THE REAR!!.. are those gold things fucking bolts? wtf are they..

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                              yeah i meant my front speakers tho
                              ok ok now i have no clue what u talkin bout cuz here u said the fronts and under this u said the rears now, which 1 is it boy. lol nah i am playin but which 1's do u mean now?

Originally posted by xplode
                              neway i meant THE REAR!!

Comment

Working...
                              X