Alarm backup battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm backup battery

Is there anyway to hook up a backup battery to an alarm system that doesnt have one? What type of battery is it and whats the best way to hook up one of those high decibal sirens from an auto parts store or alarm retailer?
    My CB For Sale

Battery back-up sirens have a built-in power source. I don't know of a way to have redundant power sources to a car alarm..... The battery back-up sirens can be added fairly easily. I believe DEI makes a good unit.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

so by gettin a back up siren, it will keep going even if the power is cut to the alarm itself, or will the alarm have to have the back up battery in order for this to work?
      My CB For Sale

Comment

No the battery backup will keep sounding, even if the battery source is disconnected....
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

backup battery sirens blow ass you need dei part number 520t. easy to install i have it on mine
          edit: actually if you want to use the back up battery siren hide it in the interior somewhere, not just under the hood as thats easy to cut.
          Last edited by 2.2litrebeater; 10-19-2006, 08:33 PM.
          FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
            backup battery sirens blow ass you need dei part number 520t. easy to install i have it on mine
            edit: actually if you want to use the back up battery siren hide it in the interior somewhere, not just under the hood as thats easy to cut.
            I dont have a dei system, so would it still be a useful plug and play since I have a non-dei alarm?
            Last edited by JTEK24; 10-20-2006, 10:26 AM.
            My CB For Sale

Comment

its not plug and play with a dei. it goes inline with your alarms 12v constant then you ground it, and it sends a negative signal out if the vehicle power is disconnected. so yeah it works the same with any alarm.
              FA1

Comment

what about if they disconnect the alarm, it should still go off right?
                My CB For Sale

Comment

My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
                    what about if they disconnect the alarm, it should still go off right?
                    not if they disconnect the power wire leading from the back up battery to the alarm. the backup battery works if they cut the 12v feed to the backup battery or disconnect the vehicles battery.
                    FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                      not if they disconnect the power wire leading from the back up battery to the alarm. the backup battery works if they cut the 12v feed to the backup battery or disconnect the vehicles battery.
                      So whats the point of having it if that happens? Is that just a risk you take or have a backup battery for the backup just in case.
                      My CB For Sale

Comment

well for 1 without a backup battery all a theif would need to do is pop your hood, thers a vido maple made showing how easy it is to get to the hood cable through the wheel well, and disconnect your battery. then your alarm is pretty much useless as they can steal your stuff or buy some extra time to bypass your starter kill. also since most alarms are installed somewhere under the driverside dash all they would have to do is look under real quick ans snip the 12v wire coming from the ignition harness. with a backup battery they will need to find it to kill power.
                        FA1

Comment

Oh so if they cut the 12volt ignition wire that would still trigger the back up battery to go off even also if the alarm is snipped too.
                          My CB For Sale

Comment

Working...
                          X