Headunit shuts off.. any ideas why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headunit shuts off.. any ideas why?

Here is the deal i have the Alpine Headunit.. the blue one anyways when i turn it up to about 22-24 it will shut off. I cant play it loud and it sucks. Does anyone know why its like this?

Did i hook something up wrong?

Please help me out!

Alpine doesnt suck i got a good headunit! the 350$ one but yeah i do have a system...

Comment

first of all alpine DOES NOT SUCK i do car audio for a living and they are one of the most reliable. Now as for you buddy the reason it shut of was two things one you blew the fuse located in the fuse box next to your left foot, second if that comes out ok check the fuse behind the radio that is inline with the yellow high power wire. Good luck and dont worry nothing should be damaged i have a 3.4 kilowatt system and i have blown my fuses abotu twice no prob though. Enjoy.
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

when my alternator was getting bad my radio shut off on me at random times, but i doubt thats your problem cuz youd see other stuff going crazy. ^prolly is right
        92 lx
        automatic
        slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

back to subject hahahah

u have a short. do this, disconnect all ur speakers from the back of the unit..then turn it up full blast, if it dont shut down then its ur speaker wiring somewhere. then one by one connect one speaker and then turn it up to see if it shuts down.

when u finally have it shut down that last speaker is the bad one. something on the wiring is bad.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

#1) Whether or not Alpine sucks is a personal opinion, and opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one.
            #2) I experienced the same thing with an Alpine unit a few years back, and it had nothing to do with fuses or the way it was installed. Do you have any amps hooked up to your head unit? The remote turn-on on Alpines has a circuit breaker built into the unit (the circuit breaker is self resetting). When too much amperage is drawn from the turn-on it will cause the head unit to shut off. The easiest solution is to wire your remote turn-on into a relay which opens the relay to pull directly from a 12v source (ideally, the battery). When the remote turn on is not used the relay stays closed and no power is pulled from the 12 volt source. You will be able to turn on as many things as you want with the 12 volt source and the alpine head unit will see a very light load since all it is doing is opening a relay. If you don't have any amps hooked up then I don't know what your problem is, but rest assured you have a good quality cd player.

Comment

hmm i see Alpine speakers sound good.. Im gonna try what you said HondaSound

Thanks everyone

Comment

You couldn't pay me to have a Kenwood. Everyone has different experiences with audio equipment. I've had great experience with every Alpine I have owned and until I have a problem with an Alpine I won't look elsewhere. When I do have a problem with Alpine, I certainly won't look at Kenwoods.

Comment

pyramid haha My thread got :owned:

o well

Comment

do you run subs off the alpine deck with no amp? when i was young and stupid i had the same problem with my sony cdx-m650. it would just shut off out of nowhere, mainly at bass hits. what happened was the subs were using so much power it killed my alternator and at bass hits all the power to the stereo shut off n came back on because the alternator couldnt handle so much. take your car to a shop and have a mechanic test ur alternator. and if you are running subs without an amp...STOP NOW lol buy an amp ASAP

Comment

might be a prob with your battery. my subs kept powering off and on, and a little while later my batt died. so check the batt power.

Comment

Working...
                      X