Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capacitor causing amp light to stay on????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor causing amp light to stay on????

OK so I just hooked a Monster Cable 1 farad capacitor up to my DVC 12" MTX sub and MTX 500 watt amp. I ran the remote wire to the positive on the capacitor, then from the capacitor to the amp. When I hook the remote wire up to the amp, the amp power light stays on when the car is off and I'm afraid it's going to drain my battery. Yes I charged the cap also, hooked up my ground and power wires. I have the power lead going to the cap then a power wire coming off the cap, going to my amp power. I have the ground and remote hooked up the same way. This is the first cap I've ever hooked up and I followed the directions exactly the way it says for a single amp set-up. I'm stumped. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

youre amp remote wire is hooked up to the power wire for the cap?

Comment

Yeah thats what it showed in the directions. I didn't think they went that way but I wasn't sure. It was saying that the cap needs a small signal from the HU to supply the power to the amp before the rest of the system. I dunno thats the part where I got confused.

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

no no no no, hook up your remote turn on off of your head unit. do not run your cap as your source of power for the remote. that is why its not shutting off. your capacitor is basically a in-line battery. it is storing power right next to the amp so it has more to pull from when it needs it. what you did is the same as hooking up your remote to your battery. youre remote needs to run off accessory which is what your headunits turn on is hooked up to. it will be the blue white wire coming off your headunits wire harness.

and thats all i have to say about that

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

yup

Comment

The Cap should be hooked up with the Power cable not the remote wire. Just take it off the remote wire and put it onto the power wire, and you should be all good to go.
            Just a question, How many terminals does it have on it?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
            X