90 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Accord DX

the 90 DX (Accord) does not have any speakers in the back. There appear to be holes but in the trun to drop them in to. however, I have to cut the rear panel (carpet and cardboard like panel). Any suggestions on how to do this? I was thinking of tracing the holes on the underside with a sharpie. Then taking the panel out and taking it inside my garage and cutting it with a utility knife. Sound good? Also, any help on how to actaully get the panel out of there would be great! Thanks.

u can do that the way you said, but u can also get a pic tool and then poke from bottom the shape or actually cut it from the bottom if u can.

id just trace under, take that part out and then cut it..much easier and you wont have that window in the way.

odd that you dont have a hole there...probably the origional owner put in a differnt piece or something...shouldnt be that hard, though now you are going to need the speaker pods or put the ones from the new speakers.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The Dx did not have stock rear speakers, just another cost cutting Honda measure...while getting a set of speaker pods from an LX or EX preferable (EX had 6x9s), and being able to use the stock holes, you should be able to use the surrounds on the speakers you get also...but I think for the hassle the stock pods are the best, like Accordztech said.

Comment

a lot of times when you get the base model you don't get any speakers in the back...to get the right size for the size just buy a new pair and on the box they have an outline of the speaker size...just take that outline and trace your size on the back deck and you'll get the perfect size for your 6x9s

Head Games Intl

Comment

Working...
        X