Optima Yellow Top Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optima Yellow Top Battery

I'm getting tired of my Wal-Mart brand battery and was considering getting a Yellow Top Optima. I found one NEW on ebay for $165 shipped. I'm wandering if thats a good deal and if anyone has any suggestions/advice about Optimas, Yellow Top's or other batteries. Much Appreciated.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

i no red tops are 130 check ur local audio store, also auto zone has them

Comment

The red top is a starting battery and is not really ment for high power audio systems or anything that puts a drain on the battery.
      That price is around what they go for. Check instores around u first sometimes they are cheaper.

Heh, I scored my yellow top for $20. lol

Comment

The yellow top are worth it.I have em on my accord.Just last week i left my headlights on for like 6 hours and when i started the car , it started like nothing.You could also find them in sears.That's where i bought mine for $149.99.
        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

so $165 is a but much...i was gonna go red but the only thing outside the regular BS are my neon..my current one has 730 CCA but those yellow tops have like 870 or 890...i'll check out my local audio place/sears. Thanks Guys!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I have a red top optima in my CB7 now bought it at Sears. I love it. Havent had any trouble starting. I was outside yesterday morning checking all my lights making sure everything was working and forgot to turn off the parking lights, DUH! I got a call from my lil sis probably about 8 hours later saying that they were on. I went out, turned them off, turned the key and it started right up. If I would have done that with my old die hard battery it NEVER would have started. I dont have much aftermarket stuff to drain on the battery, so I dont need the big CCA's of a yellow top. My red top is plenty of power to start up my cb7 and to run my aftermarket sony system. Just my two cents worth...

Comment

how many CCA's it got and what'd you pay for it? The yellow top has like 870CCA compared to my wal-mart brands 730..so 140 is alot, but if the red top has more than the wal-mart brand but less than the yellow...i might pick one up...

Hell--I'll just have to go find the nearest Sears and look around

Comment

Optima fucking rocks!!! Ive seen people run red or yellow under the hood....i had a half size yellow under my hood and my car ran awesome but i arced the battery on accident not paying attention...im planning on getting a red top somewhere here soon but yea dude you will not be disappointed and 160 is about right..id pay 130 -150 here so good deal

Comment

Ok so I just went out in the driveway to see what my red top has for CCAs and all the numbers and shit. I got the part number: 27980. Model number Red75/35. CCA: 720. I got mine from sears but www.optimabatteries.com says that they have them at advanced auto, not in kc.. Also on their website if you run the battery selector option it says that you need a height adapter. I didnt put it on mine. It sits a little low and is smaller and lighter then my old die hard. I would highly reccomend it though! Just my two cents worth...

Comment

don't the batteries at costco use the same technology as a red top? i got mine there and it hasnt given me any problems
                    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

i like these batteries b/c they dont leak and leave that crusty shit

Comment

i get them for 50 bucks.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

optima is geat, ive had a few yellow tops in some of my cars. both my 4th gen (1 sub) and my altima (4 10s wich has 2 amps now about t get a 4th) use yellow tops. 165 isnt bAD butt look around 1st. even if theyre 190 it might be worth it in case of warranty things

Comment

optima all the way. and if u have a real system, stinger.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

optimas are sick, yellow for systems, red for cranking power. stingers are sick as well. dont even think about getting anything else.

ps
                              the warranty on optimas is a good benefit as well

Member Ride Facebook
                              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X