Different Brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Brands?

I need new speakers in my car and a buddy of mine is selling me a pair of 6x9 alpines for the rear. What are your opinions on using one brand in the front and a different one in the rear?

No Reply? This post has been on here for 3 days. Normaly its pretty quick.

Comment

It doesnt make any difference if you have different speakers in the rear as compared to the front. If you have car is all stock now then you will get a little better sound by installing the Alpines, I would suggest to upgrade the radio also. In my SE I have diamond audio in the front and MB's in the back and they sound just fine

Comment

Every speaker I have ever had has sounded different. If you are an audiophile you can hear the difference in the rear speakers...but then again if you are into competitions you are setup with a mostly front sound stage anyway. There is nothing wrong with going with different branded speakers in front vs rear. You may not even notice the difference depending on how well they match.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Ok, thx guys.

Comment

Working...
          X