Battery Problem... not keeping charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Problem... not keeping charge

There was a nice sticky a while ago, or maybe it was just a post, and I cant seem to find it.

Anyways, it seems like my car never wants to have all that much juice to crank over, it always starts slow, and then makes it. But if I leave it parked for a few days, it gets very close to not starting.

Of course, I havent drivin it in almost a week, and now its dead. It had a little, and almost cranked over, but not enough. I have a smaller battery (one of the odyssey ones that are just 13 pounds), and thinking it could be that, but usually when I drive... for a while I have noticed that the lights blink a little when I hit the brakes. I also have unorthodox pullies.

Any suggestions? Im gonna jump it when it stops raining. I just wanna figure out if its the battery, or maybe the alternator starting to give up. I think my grounds are pretty good, there are (3)-4gauge monster cable grounds so I figure thats enough.

i don't know... but i believe autozone does free battery/alternator testing?

Comment

yeah they do/should...mine kinda does the same thing...at random times/days it just wont start, and when i get it jumped/started no lights are on, no radios..nothing. I have my neon lights wired directly to the battery, but i have a switch on it and they're never on when it starts back up awhile back i discovered a bad plug leading to the alternator but i think i got that fixed. And my battery's not even a year old so...only thing i can say is have your battery and alt checked and maybe any wiring/relays...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Well...

when running, its at about 14.5volts

after its been jumped, its about 12.5volts. seems like a good number IMO.

Comment

Check for volatge leaks...pull the neg cable, and stick a ammeter in there,
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Working...
          X