X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Speaker Problem, Help pls!

Here's what is going on:
    91 SE-R just bought
    Had the factory head unit in - driver's speaker no sound.
    Put in an alpine deck - awesome improvement - but driver's speaker still no sound!
    So I tested the speaker with a AA battery, and it popped out no problem. Just in case, I got another speaker from the junkyard that popped with a AA battery, and it didn't work either.
    So is my problem bad wiring somewhere? I thought this stuff never died? If so, what's the easiest way to run new wiring through to the speaker? Or is there the possibility of some other problem (i.e. just a bad connection at the old factory wiring harness?)
    I'd like to get this figured out b4 I drop more cash down for some new speakers! Thanks for any advice, help!

go to circuit city and get some speaker harness for your accord. Only get those if you care about your factory harness. I would whack them and just hardwire it to the speaker. If that doesnt work, then pull out the deck a little bit and wrong speaker wire from the front left channel to your speaker as you hold it in your lap. Then if it works, we have a2+b2= re wire.

Comment

Thanks - I cut the wires and by-passed the old factory harness - the speaker still isn't getting the signal.

So now my question is: what is the easiest way to re-wire from the head unit to the driver's speaker? Are there any tricks or tips to this?

Comment

follow the old wire and you shall see~!

Comment

Working...
        X