Power Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Locks

This question goes to those of you with power locks...on my cb, after i park and turn it off, etc. if i open my door and hit the lock switch to lock, it only locks the other 3 doors, but not the driver door NOW--the only way to lock all 4 doors without using the key manually, is if i have someone in the car with me, i get out, close my door, then have them open their door and lock it, then all 4 lock. A friend with a 00 accord told me it was a safety thing..kinda like an "anti-cant-lock-yourself-out" thing..ok, but will this affect an aftermarket alarm/locking system?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

gotta hold the door handle out to lock it. it wont affect an alarm system cause when u arm it the door will already be closed. if u sit in ur car and hit the lock button u will see the door will lock, just wont do it when its open.

Comment

like i gotta sit in my car with the INT handle out or what...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
        an "anti-cant-lock-yourself-out" thing..ok, but will this affect an aftermarket alarm/locking system?
        DOESNT THAT MEAN YOU CAN LOCK YOURSELF OUT?

AND NO IT WONT AFFECT AN ALARM BC YOU ARM IT WHEN THE DOORIS CLO

Comment

No, you get out of the car, hold the interior handle open and then press the lock button. A lot of cars most Hondas and other makes require this.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

1. Open door
            2. Get out
            3. place your left hand under the OUTSIDE door handle, and pull on it
            4. place your right thumb on the lock tab on the inside of drivers side door, push down
            -- pushing down on the lock tab will (should) lock all doors
            5. close door
            6. walk away

Comment

LOL thank you for the play-by-play..it will come in handy now..

Comment

Working...
              X