No announcement yet.

DYI Fiberglass Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice. im afraid of fiber glass. ive worked with it once and i got it all over me

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

haha ya thats why i mentioned the need for gloves and drop clothes and to avoid getting it in your hairs for fear of waxing lol

but ya i got a ticket the other day so all projects on the car for now are on hold

failure to stop is a bad one... then also a fixit ticket for my windshield, and i gotta fix my gfs windshield i broke when i was pissed (i slammed my fist on it like an idiot). then i gotta get all new tires (or at least a rotation), alignment, prolly a new fuel filter... maintenance comes first unfourtunately. so ya ill prolly do some sanding on the box and look into getting it painted on the fiberglass. maybe use some of the materials i have left over and get some paneling started...

im gonna fight the ticket cuz i honestly thought i could make the yellow light.. wish me luck!

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        nice. im afraid of fiber glass. ive worked with it once and i got it all over me
        Hmmm, ya gloves and have the glass mat pre-cut. Also, wear a crappy long sleeve shirt. I have a bunch of experience with fiberglass, it's great stuff.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

ya fiberglass is the best! im doing a custom fiberglass box in a 2000 silverado tomorrow. i dont wanna do it really... but who cares... i swapped an kenwood out for a indash and added a tv tuner, rca/ac outlet in the kickpanel. he gave me the deck and i slapped it in my gfs car so she finally has something thats not stock!

Member Ride Facebook
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
            ya fiberglass is the best! im doing a custom fiberglass box in a 2000 silverado tomorrow. i dont wanna do it really... but who cares... i swapped an kenwood out for a indash and added a tv tuner, rca/ac outlet in the kickpanel. he gave me the deck and i slapped it in my gfs car so she finally has something thats not stock!
            hey man nice work you got me wanting to try but the reason im posting is dont you mean DIY not DYI unless yours means something else i dunno just figured id point that out peace

Ride List
            1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
            2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
            newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

...i hope its not xplodes that you love in that nice work u did there hehe

whats the curing time for the box?
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

FUUUUUUCK XPLODES! I hate sony crap!
                Here's a list of exactly what I'm gonna put in.

Alpine CDA-9857 (maybe 56 I cant remember)
                4 Alpine 6.5" Type-R
                2 Alpine 10" Type-R
                2 Alpine 12" Type-R
                1 10" Fiberglass Sub Box (In progress, page 7, 8 and 9)
                1 12" Fiberglass Isobarik Ported Sub Box
                1 Amp Rack
                1 False Trunk Floor
                2 Fiberglass Kickpods mounted over door speaker cover
                2 Fiberglass Rear Dash Speaker Pods
                Beauty paneling for trunk
                2 2-Channel Amps
                1 4-Channel Amp
                0gauge wire run to trunk to distribution block
                0gauge ground wire to battery (one of the simplest, easiest and cheapest ways to get more out of your sound system, simply unbolt the wiring off the chassis from the battery ground and off the battery, add in a section of wire just long enough to connect where the other wires are 4gauge to 4 gauge, 8 to 8, etc.. Just think of it like a garden hose, if you run a 2 inch hose into a 1 inch hose, your going to have restriction, less flow, less power, more resistance, more heat, which is the opposite of what you want)

I copied that off my car domain page so there might be extra stuff in it, im tired from work.

Curing time is about 25-40min depending on how hot i mix it. I usually mix it pretty light to prevent overheating and cracking.

and YES for the 2nd time I know its sposed to be DIY, not DYI, I was fairly buzzed and high when i wrote it up. I just havent had the time to change it, but since its apparently a big issue ill go change it now.

I finished the truck project at work, came out nice. The guy was happy. Here's some pics...

Peace

Member Ride Facebook
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

i hooked up the subs in the new box tonight... the subs sucked, i blew them haha, but the box sounds sick! the bass is sooo tight, i cant wait to build the 2nd box that will be ported. my cars audio will be very well rounded then. alpine 6.5"s are coming soon. along with the 4channel.

Member Ride Facebook
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

i got my alpine 4-channel now, and two alpine type-r 6.5"s in my front doors, the next 2 6.5"s are coming soon for the rears... im thinkin about doin 6x9's but im not sure... im building speaker pods for the front doors and the rear deck (which im going to re-wrap with black carpet when im done with it). any ideas on the 6.5 alpines or the 6x9 alpines? price is not a problem i get a great discount on them... oh also ive decided when i buy my new subs im going with the alpine type-x, they are SIIIIICK!

Member Ride Facebook
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

AGHHH!!! I need money to finish this!!!!!

Member Ride Facebook
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

looks like your a big time alpine fan..

Comment

yes i am, i swear by alpine, i love it. i know its not everyones fave, but ive never been disappointed

Member Ride Facebook
                          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                          For Sale Thread

Comment

those subs dfont hit the saeat in the truck? my alpines wnet crazy. seems like theyd hit the seat

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                              yes i am, i swear by alpine, i love it. i know its not everyones fave, but ive never been disappointed
                              alpine FTW definatly

my cuz's alpine 350 Watt one chanel is loader then most of the 500-1000 watt amps ive heard

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

hell ya, i cant wait to get all my subs and amps... as of right now ive only got my alpine 4ch 450w amp to my speakers right now

Member Ride Facebook
                                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                                For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X