driver side window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driver side window problem

Well ever since I have gotten new speakers put in my car, i've had a problem with the driver side front window. When I am putting it down, about 1-2inches before its all the way down it sounds like it hits somthing, or goes off track.. It moves up and down at the same fast speed it always has though.
    And when the window is all the way down, you can hear the window rattle in the door..
    What exactly is going on?

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

well yank the door panel off and check if the speaker or mounting screws are blocking the windows path
    FA1

Comment

did you put the speakers in or did someone else do the job?
      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

i work at best buy so i just got a installer to do it, going to have them check it out this weekend

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
        www.maketradefair.com

Comment

For the door panels, you have to keep the depth pretty shallow unless you make a spacer that pushes the speakers away from the door. In my last accord (93 LX) I put some infinity reference 6.5" speakers in the front. Well in the install process I took the basket out and tried to fit the speaker in there. Obviously it wouldn't go (magnet to big) so I ended up cutting out the bottom of the basket so it would accomodate the bigger magnet.

Fortunately for me, on the reinstallation, I was able to note that the back of the speaker lined up perfectly with the area where the back of the basket used to be. With the windows rolled down, I inspected the clearance. I was shocked to see that I had no more than 1/8" between the speaker and the window.

If your installer did the job with the windows rolled up, it'd be easy for him/her to think the windows roll down farther back than they actually go.

Long story short, your speaker depth may be too much and the window is striking the magnet.

That's just my $.02
          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
          ┴─┴
          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
            For the door panels, you have to keep the depth pretty shallow unless you make a spacer that pushes the speakers away from the door. In my last accord (93 LX) I put some infinity reference 6.5" speakers in the front. Well in the install process I took the basket out and tried to fit the speaker in there. Obviously it wouldn't go (magnet to big) so I ended up cutting out the bottom of the basket so it would accomodate the bigger magnet.

Fortunately for me, on the reinstallation, I was able to note that the back of the speaker lined up perfectly with the area where the back of the basket used to be. With the windows rolled down, I inspected the clearance. I was shocked to see that I had no more than 1/8" between the speaker and the window.

If your installer did the job with the windows rolled up, it'd be easy for him/her to think the windows roll down farther back than they actually go.

Long story short, your speaker depth may be too much and the window is striking the magnet.

That's just my $.02

100% agreed. iw ork at best buy too.. but i did my own install with some rockford fosgate components and the woofer was too deep and i installed it with the windows rolled up..lo and behold when i rolled down the window it his the magnet..came back to best buy and they installed a 1" spacer which made it pull further away from the door and no problems with the clearance..also i figured doing the one inch spacer would cause it to hit the speaker grill but there are no issues there either..you might wanna look into those spacers..

Comment

Working...
            X