5.25s in the 6in pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.25s in the 6in pods?

people who are constantly trying different front speakers in their 6in pods (from lx) have figured out they don't fit aftermarket speakers all that well... i remember reading somewhere that 5.25in speakers fit perfectly in the 6in pods... is this true? i don't want sarcastic replies, just looking for an answer to see if i read that correctly or not. i was looking to match my front speakers with the rear focals.
    thanks,
    -pax
    Seattle, WA

I have 6 1/2 inch infinity speakers in my lx all around and they all fit perfectly.
    Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Yea, I have 5.25 all around in my 91 dx. Alpine type-s. They fit perfect in the front even with the regular speaker grill on. The LX should be the same. If they dont fit which they should you should buy the speaker brackets to fill the empty space so it will fit.

Comment

the reason they dont typically fit is because the mounting bracket that the OEM speakers have are 3 holes in a triangle formation, where as the aftermarket ones are typically 4 holes to mount.

the infinities come with a plate that will make it fit, but sometimes causes clearance issues with the woofer and the door.

alot of kenwood 6.5's actually have a universal fit which allows for 3 and 4 skrew mounting.

Comment

i have the 6 1/2 infinity perfects in front with the braket that came with them they rub a bit on the windows when they are rolled all the way down.

aslo the window somtimes unplugged them. PITA but sounds great

Comment

I have 6.5" Eclipses up front, fit perfect.
            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

shit...I keep hearing that 6.5s fit in the front but my boy tried to fit some 6.5 in my front and they wouldnt fit. Guess i need to get some exact names on the ones that definately fit because I want bigger louder speakers up front, those 5.25 arent cutting anymore.
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

if its a 4 hole speaker just drill new holes!!! hers a pic of my 6.5 infinities
                Attached Files
                FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                  thanx bro....whats the wattage/output on those?
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

60 rms. they get decently low for a 6.5 but are more for sq.
                    FA1

Comment

sometimes what i do is say fuk that little pod.

i get the grill for the aftermarket speaker and turn it around and use that piece as a pod spacer...perfect for most speaker grills...its not ghetto and it works.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I had to modify the hell out of the lx pods to get my modded JL 6 1/2's to fit in there. By modding the pods I had to cut off the back so there is only the ring, but then also cut off about 1/3 of the ring because I had added some x/overs on the speaker, so the bass doesn't come from them; since i have a 15 square sub in the back for that. So now only three screws hold the speaker to whats left of the lx pod. I even had to cut out a notch in the inside of the door so the speaker won't ground out on the door. Alot of work to get the right sound!
                        97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                        IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                          i bought the same ones from ebay for $67 shipped. i had to cut a significant amount off the basket also.

i was wondering what you did to the door panels to fit the increased woofer size (there .5 inches bigger i think).

Comment

just wondering if anyone else has anymore info about installing 6.5's..

I just bought a set of KICKER 6.5" components with tweeters and x-overs...I got some pods from an LX (I have an EX) to fit the 6.5's but as many have already said in this thread the pods have to be cut..and I will have to do the same becasue the Kicker 6.5's are significanty (sp?) larger then the pods..

and for those of you with x-overs..where did you mount them..I have my door panel off now and I cant find a spot..just looking for ideas before I do the install in a few weeks..

so any new info will be much appreciated..thanks!
                            Last edited by GunRunner; 05-16-2006, 11:16 AM.
                            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by jay78
                              i bought the same ones from ebay for $67 shipped. i had to cut a significant amount off the basket also.

i was wondering what you did to the door panels to fit the increased woofer size (there .5 inches bigger i think).
                              the pic of my cut up pod above was all that needed to be done, does not hit my door panel.

hondatuner: sometimes i take the crossover and wrap it in the plastic it came in, then tape the crap out of it so moisture doesnt get in and stuff it behind the speaker somewhere where the window wont hit it.
                              FA1

Comment

Working...
                              X