Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front speakers cb7

i posted on this before, yet the forum went down

but what size SHOULD my cb7 have for the front..mine right now has a spot for a 4'' but i been hearing people having 6'' speakers in the front....can someone clairify why some cars with the same make a model have differnt speakers?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

i have 6" speakers in the front, but i have a '93 lx coupe.

the trim (dx, lx, ex, se) makes a difference in the stock speakers

my suggestoin would be www.crutchfield.com for what speakers do and don't fit. i'm not sure if it's the gospel truth as far as speakers go, but i don't see why they would purposefully be inaccurate.

according to crutchfield, for a 1991 honda accord ex sedan:

5" speakers for the front

6x9 speakers for the rear

6 1/2 in or 5 1/4 in speakers can fit in the rear.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

hehe yea and mine is a 4''...its soo odd....what if i go to honda and buy that housing that fits a 6'' or whatever....it shoudl work...same layout designs and should bolt right up you think?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I have a 92 EX sedan. The original speakers were 4 inchers in some Bose-like enclosure... When you remove that enclosure however, a 6.5 inch speaker will fit with a spacer. I currently have 6.5" Infinity Reference speakers there now.

As an aside, does anyone get really solid midbass up front? Mine sounds weak.. Especially compared to the 6x9's in the back..

Comment

well u can get solid bass if that enclosure wasnt plastic....see the rear is enclosed by the trunk so it creates a solid tone...i was thinking the same as you, i rememberd i had some tar underbody that i can spray in there to create a damper system and should at least make it sound better.....

speakers sound better in a box.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            well u can get solid bass if that enclosure wasnt plastic....
            speakers sound better in a box.
            True, but I have heard some front speakers that sounded great!

I am not using any plastic enclosure btw, the 6.5" Infinity doesn't fit in an opening made for the 4"ers.

Comment

Just so everynne knows what we are talking about exactly.. Here's what comes inside 92-93 Accord EX front doors:

**Does anyone want to buy these Audiophile grade works of art?**
              Attached Files

Comment

thats what i have...same sepaker too..well actually its alpine cause i 'upgraded it'

Retro!

Hater

Comment

u can fit a 6 1/2 speaker in the front door. when u buy the speakers it should come wit a grill reomve the grill part and use the suround circle piece as a spacer. flip it back words so it brings the speaker out more so it won't hit the window when u roll it up and down. if u need more info just him me up on AIM Dis92Jr

Comment

Originally posted by 92Jr
                    u can fit a 6 1/2 speaker in the front door. when u buy the speakers it should come wit a grill reomve the grill part and use the suround circle piece as a spacer. flip it back words so it brings the speaker out more so it won't hit the window when u roll it up and down. if u need more info just him me up on AIM Dis92Jr
                    to add on to what 92Jr said if the speaker is not capable of having the grill part as a spacer, any good car audio shop sell diffrent size spacers from 1/4" to I think 4 " all they are is a plastic

Comment

Compare: old stock to new rockford 6 1/2's

Comment

92 accord, ex, 4" i had some MA 6.5s but I would have had to make a bracket and drilled new holes and removed the plastic cup posted above more work then I think it was work so i took em back and got my 4's with 30 deg rotating tweeters MA model Y2040K From Dreamscape Electronics in Lynchburg Va and 6x9s in the rear deck again, 92 ex
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts)... a dying breed. #8

RIP DEC 29, 03 Frame is Bent.... byebye Byebye CB7Tunner.com nice knowing yall

Comment

i bought replacement speakers
                          i got cerwin vega 4" bunkass speakers
                          the stock ones didn't work when i bought the car
                          so it was a quick fix

y0 if you want good mids upfront you need to get some components with a 6 or 6.5" driver, because if you know components the tweeter is separate and the cone on the mid driver has more travel room to give you more bass
                          i would suggest getting a 4 channel amp for all the interior speakers then it will just be awsome
                          i know doing all that is expensive but worth it if you are a car audio fanatic

Comment

I ended up putting in Pioneer REV's for the front of my CB7, found the best thing to do was to remove those vented 4" brackets, order OEM Honda LX brackets. They act as spacers with properly aligning mounting holes. This was necessary due to the large magnet and crossover assembly on the 6.5" REVs... they hit the window track otherwise. In order to get the speaker itself to fit the BRACKET, all you have to do is cut the back right off of the OEM assembly.

Basically, you're making yourself a 1/2" gasket... it worked amazingly, and I get an excellent range from those speakers when driven by a PPI amp.

Comment

i have a 91 LX, will the 6X9's fit in the rear with little to no modding ness.?
                              10-25-03 RIP little brown coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X