Speaker Adapter for 90 EX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Adapter for 90 EX...

I'm trying to put together a system for my 90 EX sedan. Unfortunately, stock size for the front speakers are 5" round. I was looking for a nice component set, however its much easier to find a good set of 6.5" components. My question is... will these work from converting the 5" speakers to 6.5"???? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speak...spagenameZWDVW

Originally posted by ant96gle
    I'm trying to put together a system for my 90 EX sedan. Unfortunately, stock size for the front speakers are 5" round. I was looking for a nice component set, however its much easier to find a good set of 6.5" components. My question is... will these work from converting the 5" speakers to 6.5"???? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speak...spagenameZWDVW
    All you need is the door pods out of a LX/DX to run 6.5 up front. The EX had a plastic shroud for the front door speakers that supposedly amplified the sound. The DX/LX just has a plastic thing to hold the speaker in.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
      All you need is the door pods out of a LX/DX to run 6.5 up front. The EX had a plastic shroud for the front door speakers that supposedly amplified the sound. The DX/LX just has a plastic thing to hold the speaker in.
      wurd go swipe some from a junkyard
      also those adapters you posted are just 6.5 inch spacers and wont do you any good.
      FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
        wurd go swipe some from a junkyard
        also those adapters you posted are just 6.5 inch spacers and wont do you any good.
        i tried junkyards and these are very hard to find (I have an EX with the same issue)

Go to your local Honda Dealer and ask about them. They ordered em for me.

Price = $8.xx each

about what you might pay at a junkyard, except brand new
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Are there differences between the coupe and sedan pods? Or qould it matter in my case(EX coupe swapping to LX 6 1/2)?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ive got a 90 with the plastic sound amplifier(or whatever its called) and i just screwed down some 6.5 to the plastic. it didnt give me any problems with putting back to door pannel.

Comment

LOL like how you took that big chunk out of your transmission, T3AM. That's what I'd like to call ghetto low.
              1991 Honda Accord, 2.2L I4

Comment

Working...
              X