Silly question...fitting a 4-hole speaker to the 3 hole speaker mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly question...fitting a 4-hole speaker to the 3 hole speaker mounts

Anyone know of a website/retailer with a universal adapter for speakers with more than 3 mounting screws? I have a 6.5in with 4 mounting points distributed around the rim of the speaker in a cross pattern. The stock speaker mount (plastic part) has 3 points distributed around where the speaker is supposed to be. Is there a universal adapter for this sort of situation, and if so, where is it avaliable?

Also, where is the best place to look for a CB7 wiring harness? Thanks, have tried searching, couldn't really find what I needed.
    Last edited by pentosinjunky; 02-22-2006, 12:02 AM. Reason: thing

Cruthfield.com
    Sounddomain.com

Comment

Okay. Would it be wise to just drill holes in the factory mount, or should I go for a custom mount? right now I can't really find one on the net.

Comment

just drill new holes, and go to any stero shop for the wiring harness.
        FA1

Comment

yea use self tappers or some short screws and screw it in....
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I saw these adapters on eBay if you want to spend $10 to get them.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speak...spagenameZWDVW
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

self tape or waste your money on adaptors

Comment

Here's something to think about, if you drill holes in the plastic case it becomes a custom mount. I drilled it myself, just mark your points with whiteout. You can find the wiring harness for your car anywhere that sells electrical stuff for cars, ex. Best Buy has them for like 15 bucks.
                1991 Honda Accord, 2.2L I4

Comment

Working...
                X