Stop The Rattle!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop The Rattle!!!!

Ok i got some RF 6x9 3 way. good sound and everything. they are placed into those rear pods back there. Well now that i got me a new Alpine HU they are punding way harder than my jvc which costed double the alpine but with half the sound quality. Now my pods are rattling. I tightened the bolts holding the speakers down and over did one and snapped it but they still rattle. Any clues on how to stop it. I love my bass but its annoying when the DnB is playin and nothing but rattle rattle rattle is in the background of the music.

I have ideas but im not sure how to go about it

I could try glueing the pods down but that could ruin fututre plans or cause some headaches later, and possible it wont work.

While diagnosing i pressed dow n on the pod and the rattle stopped, so maybe i can makeshift a weight on the pod, but then i have to make something to not inhibit the noise.

If anyone else had this problem and found a solution without spending too much money, our idea will helkp out alot.
    www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

the problem is probably the plastic cover just under the speaker grill material. to solve that you can try placing fabric (paper towels work as well) anywhere the two pieces of the pod meet.

if that doesnt stop it then it could be the rear deck.. you can use dynamat or something similar to seal the rear deck to eliminate rattle.

if you need to see what im talking about ill try to get some pics tomorrow.

Comment

did you take the pod off and check to make sure the speaker is tight in the pod as well as the pod being tightly on it? otherwise clarkester has the right idea of using dynamat and fabric.
      FA1

Comment

yeah i got dynamat on my front 6.5 but not on the rear. ill try placing some paper towels around the pod before i head out, thnx for the ideas. I"ll reply with what i found out after i get out of class.

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

use moleskin or felt in between the pieces...it will stop that rattling

Comment

I found the problem. The rockfords are supposed to have there grill on them to hold down the cone part, because the cone part is only glued onto the metal part of the speaker. At first i placed a paper towel inbetween and it worked until i headed back home when the cone came off the metal part. I got home inspected and i got some silicon glue stuff, reglued the cone back, and now they are back to perfect. Thnx guys for the info, witout it i prolly wouldnt have fixed my problem.

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Working...
            X