How Hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mondojackal
    well the xplods are 1200w max, and about 300wRMS..so if you had a 300wRMS amp, it would prolly pound pretty good, for a sony..but dont get sony, they suck..

i agree....it doesn't really matter what amp or what box u get....sony sucks even more than monica luinski on bill clinton's wedding day. lol
    My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
      i agree....it doesn't really matter what amp or what box u get....sony sucks even more than monica luinski on bill clinton's wedding day. lol
      actualy if you put a hafway decent sub like the sony (it isint that bad, rockwood or old radio shack stuff is a lot worse) in a well constructed box and a very good amp and deck it will soung good ... not great but at least good enogh that your basic noob wont know its a cheep sub ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
        i would get a dif box but its the only one i can find w/o ordering on.. and cheap.. but iwould make one if i knew how and it wasnt very xpensive
        4'x8' MDF sheet $20
        Liquid nails adhesive $5
        Drywall screws $5
        Sandpaper $5
        Spray paint $2
        TOTAL: $37
        a box isnt expensive....now, that is given that you have the necessary tools (circular saw, quik-clamps, wet rag, and a tape measure), and can use google and find box plans...or visit www.bcae1.com and use the box and port calculator to find out the necessary specs..

Comment

ok after taking your guys criticism in i decided to break down and get a JL AUDIO 12W0-4 RMS on this sub is 125 unless i wanted to push it harder.. its a used sub so i dont wana go fuckin it up till i have money to!! HERES A PIC:

Comment

ok after taking your guys criticism in i decided to break down and get a JL AUDIO 12W0-4 RMS on this sub is 125 unless i wanted to push it harder.. its a used sub so i dont wana go fuckin it up till i have money to!! HERES A PIC:

not a bad choice man...things are lookin up for you..!

Comment

yea it only cost me 20 bux.. i bought it from my cuzin it beats pretty well too i heard in his car so yea i cant wait till monday.. ill get my amp and my birthday is friday so i can get the box and wires... ONE question tho do i gotta rip my interior all up to hide the power wire..?

Comment

always haters on the xplod stuff. i used to have a 12" xplod wth xplod stuff all the way around actually and i thought it sounded great. everyone else that ever heard it was surprised to find out it was all xplod stuff too, but meh. good luck with jl.
                and no, you dont have to rip your interior all up to hide the wire, just run it along the edge of the carpet by the doors. you might have to wiggle it around and pop up those plastic pieces around the bottom edge, but nothing too crazy. i mean you could, but you dont have to. for running the power wire, check for a hole with a plug in it under the carpet in front of the passenger seat up front.
                ive been drinking coffee.
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

depends on how large ur wiring is..i cant hide 4 guage right there...thats one reason why i pulled my interior out today..

Comment

ok i gota nEWB!! question ok well will my amp have a volume controler that can plug into it and wire it up to the drivers seat?... sorry for the retard ?..

Comment

thats the remote gain knob. I would be careful with it because you could blow your sub if used wrong.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yea it only cost me 20 bux.. i bought it from my cuzin it beats pretty well too i heard in his car so yea i cant wait till monday.. ill get my amp and my birthday is friday so i can get the box and wires... ONE question tho do i gotta rip my interior all up to hide the power wire..?
                        i would pull it out, i did it yesterday for that same purpose..and to clean it after 14 years of spilled coke and various other nasty stuff....it only took me like an hour to remove everything except the dash, and door panels..

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
                          thats the remote gain knob. I would be careful with it because you could blow your sub if used wrong.
                          yeah, guy on here had a good explanation to set the gain, its a set and forget kinda thing..
                          if you want to change it from the HU, just turn the bass up and down..that will make the lower freqs louder..

Comment

heres the explanation http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=amp+gain
                            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                            X