Factory CD player doesn't play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory CD player doesn't play

I have the optional CD player. When I put in a CD the machine spins the disk for a few seconds and ejects it. I just got it from another member here so I don't know it's past.
    It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

i would just replace it...if it werent for the mad jdm tyte yo look, i dont see why anyone would want a honda cd player in their car..you can make an aftermarket head unit look just as good tucked in there as any stock cd player

Comment

Don't hate me for being a purist. I just got this on a trade for a 94/95 EX lip. I expected it to work, but something is wrong. If someone might know why it doesn't work let me know. Thanks!
      It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

take it to a radioshop type place they can look at it for you. does it have the anti theft code thing? if so that could be to why it's not working??
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

punch it sounds like something internal is busted, search your yellow pages for a repair shop, it probably wont be cheap though
          FA1

Comment

I entered the code for the radio, it comes on. I put in a CD, it spins for a few seconds then it ejects the CD. Do CD players need to be cleaned like cassette players do?

Comment

Factory radios = poop.

But hey if you want it, go for it. I just dont see why, when it comes to audio the aftermarket products just have so many damn options.

Comment

Circuit City might be able to fix it
                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                4.0L I-6 2WD
                293k miles, still running strong.
                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

This place can definately fix it, but it will cost you:
                  http://carstereohelp.com/honda.htm

I have the same setup and the CD player kept cutting out (like it was skipping but it wasn't) and had no display. Display failure was resolved with new caps, the cutting out was resolved with a new laser, all with 1 year warranty. If you plan on keeping the unit and also want it fixed, you need to think about whether you want to invest in this as an option.

Yes Cd players can benefit from 1. clean discs 2. clean laser. There are kits that are supposed to clean the laser--attached to a cd itself, or you can use a long (medical-type) of swab and a small strong light and see if you can get it yourself with something like 91% (or purer) isopropal alcohol.

btw, did you have any difficulties installing this with the factory HU?
                  Last edited by mrvinyl33; 02-13-2006, 02:34 PM.
                  '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                  EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
                    btw, did you have any difficulties installing this with the factory HU?
                    No, it's a factory option CD player.

Comment

is it a burnt cd?

Comment

Yes I'm aware its the factory Alpine unit, but I was wondering if you had any issues...I took the dash trim off since I had issues trying to get access to the gold screws on the slanted edges, otherwise I'd have only removed the console and ashtray as usual. Now the belt or motor on the HU went, so I have another HU to swap but its always a chore to remove the trim.

And yes that unit will play certain burnt discs but not all, and being from circa '91 or so that's acceptable for the time.
                        '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                        EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                          is it a burnt cd?
                          No, it's an original cd. And it's new just out of the wrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
                            Yes I'm aware its the factory Alpine unit, but I was wondering if you had any issues...I took the dash trim off since I had issues trying to get access to the gold screws on the slanted edges, otherwise I'd have only removed the console and ashtray as usual. Now the belt or motor on the HU went, so I have another HU to swap but its always a chore to remove the trim.

And yes that unit will play certain burnt discs but not all, and being from circa '91 or so that's acceptable for the time.
                            Why weren't you able to get to the screws by going through the ashtray?

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                              lasers 10 years ago don't compare to lasers today.......lasers lose their focus and intensity over time......and back then, the tech just wasn't there compared to today's cd players........

if you want, YOU can take it apart, clean it and see if that helps...usually, the screws are easily found (may need some small screwdrivers, stanley makes a decent set that most walmarts carry).......there is usually a cover over the place where the cd sits, and then you should be able to clean the lens......a qtip with a drop of alcohol should do the trick...just enough to clean the lens, not too much though, only a drop....it dries quickly so don't worry about any excess as long as you don't flood it....

The car stereo guy at Best Buy said to blow it out real good with canned air.

Comment

Working...
                              X