Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinion on this 4 channel amp?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4927.html#

Its a Hifonics Titan TX8805. I'm planning on using it to push 4 Polk db650's. I'm guessing the db650's are 4 ohm so the amp shold supply 110 rms watts to each speaker.

its a good amp, espicailly for only $150.
    FA1

Comment

I'm impressed...

I have this small voice in the back of my head that remembers hearing something about hifonics though. Something about how their old stuff was great, but their new stuff sucks. This is purely a stab in the dark by me though. I'm probably thinking of another brand. You should probably look into that on this site.
      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Hifonics is kind of overrated, so you'll prob be pushin 80-90w. Still a good deal for 150.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
          I'm impressed...

I have this small voice in the back of my head that remembers hearing something about hifonics though. Something about how their old stuff was great, but their new stuff sucks. This is purely a stab in the dark by me though. I'm probably thinking of another brand. You should probably look into that on this site.
          yeah, that little voice is correct..

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
            Hifonics is kind of overrated, so you'll prob be pushin 80-90w. Still a good deal for 150.
            Even if you are pushing 80-90 watts, that is basically where you should be for a speaker/tweeter combo.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
              Even if you are pushing 80-90 watts, that is basically where you should be for a speaker/tweeter combo.
              Right, and for $150 it's a good bargain. I'm just wondering if I should wire the db650's in parallel or series?

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyToast
                Right, and for $150 it's a good bargain. I'm just wondering if I should wire the db650's in parallel or series?
                what? you connect 1 speaker to each of the 4 terminals, thats it.
                FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                  what? you connect 1 speaker to each of the 4 terminals, thats it.
                  Oh, okay, I'm a total noob.

Comment

Spend $150 = Get $150 performance. A good 4-channel amp for interior mids/highs is not going to be cheap. Plan on spending at least $500. That is, if you want the quality and reliablility of a high-end amplifier. If you don't care about that, then I suppose the cheaper would suffice.
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

The price alone kinda creeps me out. In the world of car audio you get what you pay for. It may be a good deal and all, but the quality of Hifonics products is definately on the decline.

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                        Spend $150 = Get $150 performance. A good 4-channel amp for interior mids/highs is not going to be cheap. Plan on spending at least $500. That is, if you want the quality and reliablility of a high-end amplifier. If you don't care about that, then I suppose the cheaper would suffice.
                        $500 for a mids and highs amp? you must be joking..

Comment

Nope, not joking. My alpine 4/5 channel runs my entire system.... It was about $450 new. But, I've had it for what......6 years now without a single problem and I use it daily! That's middle/upper of price range for a decent amp, they go even higher. I am very picky about sound reproduction, so I have a lot of time and money into my setup.
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

That's chump change. I hope your wearing a diaper...
                            http://www.milbert.com/BaM235ab/?mil...6d4be2cd#Price
                            This is just to give you a taste of "expensive amps"

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                            X