8' subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8' subs?

i was thinking about cutting 3/4 of an inch around the 6.5 inch speaker ports and putting 8' subs. has anyone done this? of course im going to reinforce/brace it a little. im planning on puttin 2 8' audiobahn's about 350rms. with a 300watt amp..just to boost it a little! lmk what you guys think...your input is appreciated!

-Ramon

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Not too sure where you can find 8 feet subwoofers

The problem with your idea is unless you have a box under your rear deck for the sub, then those audiobahns will sound nasty and have almost no output. The reason being is that those subs (and most other subs) are not made for infinite baffle use. If you want to do that, then you'll have to use subwoofers that are designed for infinite baffle use.

Comment

Originally posted by GSteg
      Not too sure where you can find 8 feet subwoofers

The problem with your idea is unless you have a box under your rear deck for the sub, then those audiobahns will sound nasty and have almost no output. The reason being is that those subs (and most other subs) are not made for infinite baffle use. If you want to do that, then you'll have to use subwoofers that are designed for infinite baffle use.
      8 Feet? Anyways. I have a 8 inch sub bumping in my car and it bumps pretty good. I use it for cabin bass only so its not really for anyone outside of the car to hear unless your in the front lol.
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
        8 Feet?

8' = 8 feet
        8"= 8 inches

look at the thread title and post.

Comment

if you want to rattle the hell out of that rear deck, go for it. Personally, my rear deck rattles with my 6.5's.

Other thing that sucks about rear deck mounting is everyone in the world can see what you have.
          --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

hah whoops! ok ok 8"..better? thanks guys, also anyone know where to get those speaker pods for the front? 1 6.5" hole and i think there is a 1" for a tweeter..they come out at an angle and arent replacements, they dont go on the door either...just wondering...thanks

-Ramon

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazemonie
              hah whoops! ok ok 8"..better? thanks guys, also anyone know where to get those speaker pods for the front? 1 6.5" hole and i think there is a 1" for a tweeter..they come out at an angle and arent replacements, they dont go on the door either...just wondering...thanks

-Ramon
              Q-logic sells kick pods for our cars, i believe..

Comment

Go with Clarion 6X9's dem hit like 10's

Comment

Working...
                X