10 inch subs for rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 inch subs for rock?

i was gonna buy a 12 inch type r sub for myself today at work (best buy) but a guy who i know that works there told me that i should get a 10 inch instead bc it is more precise and better for rock music...is this true? he also told me i should go with a ported box but i was told sealed was better for rock music...somebody help me out please, thanks

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

get the 12 in sealed box, youll be happy
    FA1

Comment

yes sealed for rock, port make it louder and less accurate...more for rap
      92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
      and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

This is true a 10 inch sub is better for rock music. rock usually has alot of tight quik bass ex:bass drum in a drum set. when the 12 is larger so it can put out lower bass but it cant react as quikly and a ported box will sound better but it wont hit as hard as not ported. there are exceptions to that were a 12 will hit faster and harder though but those are way more exspensive ex:13.5" w7. so me i listen to alot of rock and i am extremly happy with my 10" pioneer premier TS-W106DVC its more of a competiton sub. so there you have it and happy shoping

Comment

What you heard is true 10 hits harder for rock and quicker, A 12 on the other hand would do better for rap type music.
          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=35343
            Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
              beat me to it..i was gonna link that page...search ppl...

Comment

I have to disagree, the sub has a lot to do with it some or more suited for sq some for spl and some for alittle of both. As far as sub size, it also depends on the sub and the box, you can build a ported enclosure and if tuned low enough and can be just a almost as tight as a sealed and deliver better low end. But overall just some subs are gonna be more accurate then other it doesn't matter if it a 10 or 12. the jl 12w6v2 is a prime example of a very, very accurate 12" sub that can get low too.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord
                  I have to disagree, the sub has a lot to do with it some or more suited for sq some for spl and some for alittle of both. As far as sub size, it also depends on the sub and the box, you can build a ported enclosure and if tuned low enough and can be just a almost as tight as a sealed and deliver better low end. But overall just some subs are gonna be more accurate then other it doesn't matter if it a 10 or 12. the jl 12w6v2 is a prime example of a very, very accurate 12" sub that can get low too.
                  yeah, good points..but overall...for the regular n00bs....10's for tighter bass, and 12's for lower bass is a good measuring stick, if you will

also..
                  if you want really low bass....dont rule out 15's...15's with a high enough transient speed will kill a slow 12 for getting low and hitting those tight beats

Comment

well since i work at best buy and get a killer discount i bought a 10 inch type r and a 10 inch sealed box from there yesterday...retail would have been 260 but i got it for 130 muhahaha

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                      well since i work at best buy and get a killer discount i bought a 10 inch type r and a 10 inch sealed box from there yesterday...retail would have been 260 but i got it for 130 muhahaha
                      Gotta love the discount I work at circuit city and im gonna get a 1,300$ kicker 12" for 375 basically cost.
                      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                        Gotta love the discount I work at circuit city and im gonna get a 1,300$ kicker 12" for 375 basically cost.
                        kicker makes a sub that costs 1300?
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                          kicker makes a sub that costs 1300?
                          Its the 18" but the 12" is just about as pricey.
                          http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...33236239232231
                          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

wished you guys could have seen this earlier :

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Tech...ooferSpeed.pdf

Cone mass/size has nothing to do with transient response. I know of a 12" that will hit quicker than most people expect. Trust me Yes it's even quicker than my Image Dynamics IDMAX.

Transient response and the acoustic response is mostly dependant on enclosure, the subwoofer itself and where the cabin gain of the car occurs at. If we were to measure the transient response of a 10" and a 12" of the same model, most likely the response will be identical. The only difference is low end extention and top end sensitivity. In a subwoofer, the Le (inductance) rule. How quick the signal gets in and out is the main factor of how quick the coil moves.

Comment

375? im getting my whole sytem for 350 lol, kicker 12 inch l7 with amp that powers 700 RMS @ 4 ohms, so..for the price thas good for me...im in highschool with part time job and had to buy hella christmas present..so pretty much im broke lol
                              92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
                              and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

Working...
                              X