Upgrading Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Subs

So, i got to turn around my subs today, and after im done i turn my subs on...i come to find out that one seems to be on its way out. I dont really mind since i wanna upgrade anyway. My question is, are the W7's worth the money to spend. I know the JL W7's are the best subs available from JL, but i didnt know if anyone had any complaints about them. I am also wondering if the alpine VPOWER mono amp wil lbe strong enough to power such a bangin sub. My setup currently is an Alpine VPOWER MONO amp to two alpine 10" subs Type-S. If i decide to go JL, i will get two W7 10" subs and stay with the alpine Vpower, if i that is enough to power the two subs.

so any comments would be great and appreciated
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

u would need a crazy amp to power those things dude, get 2 w6's

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
      u would need a crazy amp to power those things dude, get 2 w6's
      he's right...W7's require loads of power...same thing with RE XXX's or anything else that power hungry...amp cost is gonna go thru the roof, not to mention the price tag of just 2 W7's...

Comment

yea, i'd be looking at a price tag of almost 900 on ebay for the two w7's and then an amp, that would probably put me in the 1400 range. im debating at the moment, cause 1400 can be a lot...suspension, rims, rust repair, etc.
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
          yea, i'd be looking at a price tag of almost 900 on ebay for the two w7's and then an amp, that would probably put me in the 1400 range. im debating at the moment, cause 1400 can be a lot...suspension, rims, rust repair, etc.
          the thing is..if you drop down one level on how good the subs are...like excoupe said...go with the W6's....then you will still be satisfied...and your wallet will be fatter to boot...

Comment

I disagree with going the JL route. Although the SQ is great throughout the JL line of equipment, there are other subs (or equipment) you can buy for a fraction of the price, that will sound as good or better. The whole thing about JL is that you are paying mostly for the brand. If you want to buy JL's just to have JL in your ride, then yeah, buy them. But if you have second thoughts on spending that much money on a set of subs, then you should reconsider. Don't get me wrong, I have owned before: 13W7 (to tell you the truth, it wasn't all that!), 4 12W3's, 3 12W0's, 2 10W4's, and I still have 3 12W6's. JL makes some nice stuff. If a 13W7 was in th $400-500 price range, I'd be all over them. But until then, I'm looking at other stuff.

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

Working...
            X