Dual XDMR7700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual XDMR7700

I'm interested in getting a Dual receiver for my car because the model I'm looking at has blue LEDs only. I've done my LED conversion(with the help of cpmike for the climate control-thanks again), and I just want that to finish it off. Knowing that, do you have any opinions on it? Anybody used Dual on their cars? If you truly recommend not using Dual, who else supplies a blue LED-lit receiver that's comparable to the 3000mcd and 5000mcd bulbs I have now?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Don't do it.....It's jus not worth it. Save up a lil more cash and change your mind. I would recommend Alpine or Pioneer, but as far as the blue LED's, I'm not sure. I wouldn't get a receiver just cuz of the looks/display or the color. Go for sound quality mane and you'll appreciate it alot more than just a pretty color (jus my .02 cents)
    Check out what used to be mine
    Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by goldenchild722
      Don't do it.....It's jus not worth it. Save up a lil more cash and change your mind. I would recommend Alpine or Pioneer, but as far as the blue LED's, I'm not sure. I wouldn't get a receiver just cuz of the looks/display or the color. Go for sound quality mane and you'll appreciate it alot more than just a pretty color (jus my .02 cents)
      yeah dual is best buy's brand...and it lacks the quality of companies that make just audio equipment...i agree with goldenchild...alpine and pioneer both make good head units at the lower prices...im sure that you can go to best buy and get a blue head unit from alpine..they make some with blue buttons..

Comment

Dosent Panasonic have decks that the face lights up blue?

Comment

yeah i have a panasonic 8401 something like that...its pretty much the same price as the dual...funny thing is that my friend has the same dual and i have the panasonic...but yeah it lights up all blue has a 7 band equalizer and what not..has rca out put for front, rear, sub, aux in and aux out...will the deck i have has all of that and i got it for about 212 shipped on ebay...im a die hard pioneer fan and wanted to try something new...its awesome, works great the only question is how long will it last. i would take the panasonic over the dual..

Comment

sony headunits have different wallpapers, which i think is even more pimp
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
              sony headunits have different wallpapers, which i think is even more pimp
              cept they are sony...while the HU's are the best sony products...still...they arent too hott

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                cept they are sony...while the HU's are the best sony products...still...they arent too hott
                very true...i think im going to go for the kenwood or alpine flip out touch screen next, if i decide to upgrade. then you can get any damn image or video you want on there
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                  very true...i think im going to go for the kenwood or alpine flip out touch screen next, if i decide to upgrade. then you can get any damn image or video you want on there
                  damn right! good pick

Comment

I completely forgot Panasonic made blue LED receivers. I know it sounds real NOOB to pick a receiver based upon display but everything else is done in blue so it would just be an eyesore to have something out of place. I looked at the Alpines and I don't even think I could do those just because they are too light of a blue and that's the first thing someone would notice if they got in my car at night. Does anyone have experience with Panasonic?
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If it was up to me, I'd go with either Alpine or the Pioneer DEH8400-8500MP. So what if the blue is of by a few shades? the 9835 can change from 512 colors! Also, you'll be glad you didn't buy that damn Dual when you hit bumps. I've never owned one and never will, but they are priced cheap for a reason.

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

Working...
                      X