re-wiring horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-wiring horn

i was wondering if i could connect my horn to my high beam wiring? my high beams arent very high with my hid kit and i cant connect the horn becasue of the momo steering wheel so i was wondering if i could simply connect my horn to the high beam woring so i could honk when i use the high beam switch

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

weird. i guess it could work. i would start by looking at the fuses to see the amprage difference. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yes you could make it work. All you'd need is a relay to use the lights as a trigger.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

wouldnt the original high beam wiring have a relay already? i was thinking of just disconnecting the high beams and extend the wiring and plug it up with the horn...that way when i flash my "high beams" the horn will honk

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

just run new wires hooked up to a push button

Comment

i just want it to look as stock as possible

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
              i just want it to look as stock as possible
              Not a flame:
              Then why don't you put the stock wheel back on

But really now, you should be able to splice into one of the high beam wires and run it into to where the horn wires are.
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

how about u buy a sports horn and use that

Comment

i believe the horn uses a ground trigger where as the high beam switch sends out a positive 12v. so a relay is needed.
                  FA1

Comment

youre right...i forgot about that...do you know exactly what to do to make this work...like parts needed and instructions? thanks

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

a spdt relay and some wires. i dont know the wire color for the high beam, id use a multimeter and test to find it. connect that to pin 86, ground pin 85 and 30. 87 to the horn wire, and 87a isnt connected to anything.
                      FA1

Comment

You can make the horn work with the wheel as long as it has a horn button. If it doesnt.. then it'd be a little harder, but still doable.

Mine still works, I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere of how I did it.

Comment

i have a 92 accord though...i know the horn will work for the 90-91 but not for the 92-93...and yes i have the horn button

about the instructions to rewire it...i think i understand it...where would i buy the relay? radio shack?

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                            i have a 92 accord though...i know the horn will work for the 90-91 but not for the 92-93...and yes i have the horn button

about the instructions to rewire it...i think i understand it...where would i buy the relay? radio shack?
                            I didnt know that the 90-91 were different than 92-93... guess they would be if there is an airbag there.

Take a picture of what you have to work with, I didnt use any relays or anything, just the stock stuff and the horn button that came with my wheel.

I also kept my blinker canceller which is a pain to drive without.

Comment

all of our wiring is connected to the srs wiring so when you disconnect the airbag youre also eliminating the wiring for the horn and blinker cancelar...theres no point in taking pics because theres nothing left other than the place where you bolt youre steering wheel on

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
                              X