• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions On New Setup?

Okay this is what I'm planning:

Four Alpine Type R Seen Here
    Two Orion 8002 Amplifiers Seen Here
    And a Custom Box

I need help picking out a HU, but I'm trying that ghetto Alpine first. (Alpine Seen in another post around here)

And I'm going to be using the same 6.5" Infinities all the way around. Even though I read that post where the guy said that they are useless basically.

If you think there is a different amp or if you can reccomend a HU, all opinions appreciated.
    Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

6.5 inch speakers

I am thinking of getting the Kappa 3-way 6.5's. Man do they reproduce sound nice.

I am going to make my own sub enclosure also. 2- 12" infinity referance subs. he box will have the same angle as the back seat, with the speakers on the vertical side facing the back. How are you going to do yours?

The print out I got from the dealership for the speakers shows the fronts as being 5". Do they mean 5.25? What kind of customizations am I looking at for the front speakers?

I'm using the factory HU because I like the uniform look. I'm still looking for an OEM CD player. When I shop for an after market HU I look for easy controls.
    It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
      I am thinking of getting the Kappa 3-way 6.5's. Man do they reproduce sound nice.

I am going to make my own sub enclosure also. 2- 12" infinity referance subs. he box will have the same angle as the back seat, with the speakers on the vertical side facing the back. How are you going to do yours?

The print out I got from the dealership for the speakers shows the fronts as being 5". Do they mean 5.25? What kind of customizations am I looking at for the front speakers?

I'm using the factory HU because I like the uniform look. I'm still looking for an OEM CD player. When I shop for an after market HU I look for easy controls.
      Mondojackal is helping me with the design, im basically using his design but adding 2 more subs to it.

The only expierence I have with HU's is a Boss and a Eclipse. And wow what a difference the Eclipse is god compared to the Boss. It was a really good HU but it got stolen, thats why I was asking for reccomendations on HU's.

My front are 6.5, its 6.5 all around for a 93 LX I guess. Im not sure about yours though.
      Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

i just bought 2 of those type r...they should be here on wednesday...there gonna be power by a hifonics tx1505d, in a seal box...ill let u know how they sound....the only thing is that everyone and there mom has type r subs...

Comment

had the 1242d, it pounded hard. so 4 of them should make you need a new alt/battery or some crazy ass shit. bitchin, im gonna have to jack that from ya

Comment

Originally posted by drucifer92
            had the 1242d, it pounded hard. so 4 of them should make you need a new alt/battery or some crazy ass shit. bitchin, im gonna have to jack that from ya
            lol, yeah...my idea...i thought it would sound great, and have plenty of SPl as well...good setup IMO, i wish i had that going on...

Comment

btw, those are the 2ohm ones...not the 4ohms...sorry, im nitpicky about details like that..lol

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                btw, those are the 2ohm ones...not the 4ohms...sorry, im nitpicky about details like that..lol
                thats why i said i had the 1242 otherwise i would have said i had the same one :P

Comment

thats why i said i had the 1242 otherwise i would have said i had the same one :P
                  ah, i see...good point..i just read it how i wanted to read it...not as you typed it....yeah, im thru typing now...

Comment

yep and thats y i said i have the same ones cause i bought the 1222 ones...just didnt want to be left out

Comment

Originally posted by ace42004
                      yep and thats y i said i have the same ones cause i bought the 1222 ones...just didnt want to be left out
                      alright...

Comment

Damn! 4 Type-R 12s! You gonna have some serious slump!!!
                        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                          Damn! 4 Type-R 12s! You gonna have some serious slump!!!
                          slump=bump??

also, that system will have great SQ... i wouldn't mind having that system...its gonna be a pretty nice setup..

Comment

haha, I knew that was going to raise some eyebrows. I guess slump is a cali term.

oh yeah, you're correct it does mean you have bass in your ride.
                            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

I just remembered... 400 watts per sub isnt exactly sufficient power for em. I had 500 watts and high volumes would clip I would reccomend 600 watts RMS.

Comment

Working...
                              X