10 vs 12 inch subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sector8Customz
    i'd say that there is a respectable difference between a 10 and a 12. And if you really wanna narrow it down to specifics. You can even pick a sub judging from the type of music you listen to

10inch: the main two characteristics are that 10s are extremely responsive and punchy. They are able to pound out high and mid bass notes better then a 12. Id recommend a 10 if you listen to rock and alternative and stuff like that. Mind my friend has a 10 and listens to hip hop and dance and it sounds good.

12inch: Is your basic all around sub. it hits your highs mids and lows with general quality and is your most common sub because itll sound good with ne thing.

After hearing my friends 10inch type x (alpine) im definetely leaning towards possibly throwing in a 10 but im still a big fan of shacking stuff with a 15
    I got a 10" Type R Alpine subwoofer in a ported box, sounds real nice, and they fit in well with the budget issues.

Comment

Originally posted by F22PWR
      I got a 10" Type R Alpine subwoofer in a ported box, sounds real nice, and they fit in well with the budget issues.
      yes, thats what i like to hear...Type R's are great budget subs...great SQ and SPL for the money!! good choice man..

Comment

Generally 10's are better for listening to some rock type music, and 12's for some gangsta rap.
        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Generally 10's are better for listening to some rock type music, and 12's for some gangsta rap.
          Thanks, that's all I was looking for. Nice to see some of the more technical posts though, as I've been wanting to take a formal acoustics class for a while now to learn more about this sort of stuff. Glad to see the various recommendations as well; even though I'm pretty sure that I've decided to go with the Boston G2 (10", DVC, in a 0.5 cubic ft sealed box), I'm sure other people can benefit from the suggestions.

Comment

I would like to take this time to plug Elemental Designs and all of their subs. They are quality clean sounding subs that can get really low. Buy 1 16Ov2 for $235 shipped to slam any type of music and you'll be happy.
            Here are my four 8"ers:
            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
              I would like to take this time to plug Elemental Designs and all of their subs. They are quality clean sounding subs that can get really low. Buy 1 16Ov2 for $235 shipped to slam any type of music and you'll be happy.
              Here are my four 8"ers:
              looks good man, how much did that whole setup run you?

Comment

$200 preproduction for the subs. A few bucks for wood screws and glue. Then I have a Hifonics 1500D for about $225. I'm telling you this company is the best for your money. You buy directly from them.
                Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7

I have some 10s that would surprise you in output (people would think there are 2 10s in the trunk) and I have 12s and 15s that are so snappy that 90% of today's sub won't be able to react the same way

Anyone else read about inductance vs. transient response? Cone size/mass isn't a factor when it comes to transient response, regardless of what you heard from the salesman

Comment

Working...
                  X