Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving CD deck to where AC panel is.. possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving CD deck to where AC panel is.. possible?

I was searching for this.. i'm sure it has come up somewhere before but i was wondering if it is possible to move the AC and Heater Panels down to where the Radio would be.. and move the Radio up to where the AC and Heater knobs and buttons would be.

I ask this because i want to be able to use my cup holders again ... lol .. i have a kenwood deck that folds down when it turns on.. making my cup holders twice and useless .. i can fit cans of soda's or the "Tall" starbucks cups only..

I haven't had time to go out and actually tinker with it to see if it is possible or not.. i figure there woule be harnessing problems.. and what not.. but i'm wondering if anyone has done it.. and how it came out and what they used.
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics or know how to do it. But, it is possible. I've seen it done numerous times. I'm gonna get my deck relocated to where my A/C and heater controls are, but I ain't got the patience to do it myself
    Check out what used to be mine
    Click Here

Comment

yea id def say it is possiable. I moved the Climate Control shit to the glove box and just put egt, oil press, and a toggle where it used to be, so same concept, you could slap the radio up there~

sorry for the shitty pic~
      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by high c
        yea id def say it is possiable. I moved the Climate Control shit to the glove box and just put egt, oil press, and a toggle where it used to be, so same concept, you could slap the radio up there~
        Did u do it urself?? If so, u should post a DIY thread so maybe I can get an idea of what I may be gettin myself into
        Click Here

Comment

this has my interest....is there any more info on how to do it or maybe some more pics?
          always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

Same with me i'd love to do something like this to change the dash up. not only will it be ideal for the beloved cup holders but itll make the dash unique. I'll go check it out and see what i can come up with
            I look...You look
            I rev...You rev
            I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

dude that is pretty cool
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Here's JAdiss...

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                  Here's JAdiss...

Damn Jak FRoSTWhiTE. I'm lovin the dash. Did u do it urself??
                  Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by goldenchild722
                    Damn Jak FRoSTWhiTE. I'm lovin the dash. Did u do it urself??
                    reading ownz you.

Comment

damn that setup straight owns!
                      always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                        reading ownz you.
                        Yup, reading does own me, especially on Cb7tuner.com
                        Click Here

Comment

i think it could be done easily, but then where would you put the ac/heater controls??
                          move them down to where the deck is now?
                          that might work, you just have some custom fabricating in your near future...just keep working till its perfect, dont do a half-way job, it'll just look teh ghey....
                          lets see some pics here when you are done...

Comment

haha yeh hopefully no half way stuff.. but im feelin more and more confident on the job.. i'll definitely post pictures up when i'm done .. i was mainly worried about radio holders and harnesses and wires being to short. i'd like to see more pictures and maybe some little tips and tricks from all u guys who had done this
                            -:¦:-
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                              Here's JAdiss...

that setup may be nice . . . but that south park episode is 834109231742x better
                              -Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X