speaker set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker set up

What would be the best speaker set up I could do for a 1990 Honda Accord Ex?

I don't want to sound mean or reem you in anyway but that is very much a newbie question. A sound system is something of your own preference. Factors like money, weight issues, and current condition of your speaker setup at the moment are what you need to focus on. The question you asked is like asking which import is the best...best in what? Such a broad question is the problem. Do your research and figure out what YOU want in your car first. Study other peoples setups or just go to something like sound advice, best buy, or circuit city and talk to a rep there.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well normally if u run the car normally with normal speakers and head unit. i got a 6x9 pioneer 3 ways in the back, and 6.5'' in the front of my car.

thats normal for me. if u want higher, you will go component systems in which the tweeter is seperate offering more power.

yet i have mine on a amp.

first let us know:

how much you willing to spend
      do you want subs?
      do you have a stock stereo or not...if u dont which one you got
      do you want it to sound nice, or just hit hard with subs?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

and how much can your ears handle?
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I have a 180 watt JVC CD Headunit. I am looking to spend no more than about $200.00. And I nice sound sound with bass, nothing to loud. By the way how much will installation rune me, just a rough estimate. Thanks

Comment

you have stock speakers in the back or wut?

well if u want ok sound...like mine, upgrade teh rears and put some nice 2 ways in the fronts. you will get some nice sound out of it.

ccheck out my ride in members rides and you will see my setup
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

speaker set up

Originally posted by accordztech
              you have stock speakers in the back or wut?

well if u want ok sound...like mine, upgrade teh rears and put some nice 2 ways in the fronts. you will get some nice sound out of it.

ccheck out my ride in members rides and you will see my setup

Ok I think I am going to go with the Pioneer 4 way speakers for the back for right now. But how much did your amp cost you and does it make a really big difference in sound quality. Thanks

Comment

gonna need more than 200 bucks for some good speakers all around and an amplifier.

my whole setup in my car cost around 900 bucks.

but separates in the front do sound better.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Originally posted by phonts69
                  gonna need more than 200 bucks for some good speakers all around and an amplifier.

my whole setup in my car cost around 900 bucks.

but separates in the front do sound better.
                  What kind of speakers do you have in your setup?

Comment

i got infinitys in the front, and audio bahn 6.5s in the back... hits pretty damn hard with the 85 series pioneer i got, and i have a fosgate am i am going to hook up for the back speakers...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by phatdoughnut; 02-15-2004, 12:41 AM.
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I just got Pioneer 6x9 three ways for my rear deck and they rock with my sony HU. I think i maybe blew them or something after a week cuz i got the low mdel tsa6960 ones but make sure u get a best buy or CC warrany so u can get a new pair everytime. The the bass in these are pretty dam good if u dont want subs like me.

Comment

Originally posted by accordex_1990
                        What kind of speakers do you have in your setup?
                        i got mb quarts.
                        components in the front, coaxials in the rear.
                        two 10w0 JL audio in a custom box

kenwood head mp522

i got a rockford punch thats amplifing the subs. no amp for the other speakers though, running off the head unit.
                        had this setup for years (except for the headunit), got it back in 97 or 98, still works good for me.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Re: speaker set up

Originally posted by accordex_1990
                          Ok I think I am going to go with the Pioneer 4 way speakers for the back for right now. But how much did your amp cost you and does it make a really big difference in sound quality. Thanks
                          my amp retails for 250. but i got it for 150. and really the speakers for mine were rated at 90 watts rms and 300 peak. my stock deck only put out 15 watts so it didnt cut it. so i put an amp to it to push out 100 watts rms and really made the sound come out of the system. on a system like yours you will hear a difference. but on a amp..u will get more. i just took it slow and had speakers, then upgraded with an amp.

go to the store and listen to speakers, they all sound differnt. find the one you like. dont go with jensen though.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

speaker set up

I've been doing some research and wanted to know whats the difference between a 2-way speaker and a 3 way speaker?

Comment

why is that crossover not inside the door panel and on the outside instead?
                              -Hehehe I just

Comment

Working...
                              X