2 15 inch ROCKFORD FOSGATE HX2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mondojackal
    lol, haibane...we already had this discussion before..too little power will not destroy a sub or speaker...the after-effects of it CAN, but it wont necessarily destroy the sub with too little power....think about it, every time that you decrease the volume, you decrease the power sent to the sub...like i said before, you don't always listen to it at full volume, so too little power will not kill a sub...
    That is not the point of the discussion. too little power drives people to overdrive their units by turning up the gains and clipping. Too much or too little power can't kill the speakers in and of themselves, but too little power causes people to want more and turn up the gains, and therefore killing the coils through clipping

Comment

Originally posted by haibane
      That is not the point of the discussion. too little power drives people to overdrive their units by turning up the gains and clipping. Too much or too little power can't kill the speakers in and of themselves, but too little power causes people to want more and turn up the gains, and therefore killing the coils through clipping
      correct, as i just said...its not the lack of power...its the effects that go along with people trying to "compensate for it"
      lack of power will not have any adverse effects on a sub...

Comment

right... lol you are saying the same thing I have been all along lol

Comment

Originally posted by haibane
          right... lol you are saying the same thing I have been all along lol

Comment

Working...
          X