No announcement yet.

2 15 inch ROCKFORD FOSGATE HX2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headunits can't be bridged anyways. lol.

The rockford HX2 (power and punch) requires at least 50w to get them barely moving.

Comment

Originally posted by GSteg
      headunits can't be bridged anyways. lol.

The rockford HX2 (power and punch) requires at least 50w to get them barely moving.
      yeah, i thought that i sed even if you could bridge it...maybe i didnt, i meant to..had a big debate on that on another forum..thanks for supporting the correct contingent again..lol

Comment

my 15's

like i said in a pm, if you wanna find out for yourself why don't all of you come down here as a group personally to my house and you can hear the proof for your self. Oh and by the way that comment about it would have to be a huge box, he ain't lyin cuz you gotta have atleast 2 people alone to move this one and no it would not damage it the frequency high enough to do any damage. Like i said before these subs are made for power not to blow when you hook a cd player to them.

Comment

my 15's

To all you people out there who think i'm lyin i have my subs sold. This guy heard how loud they were and can vouche. Anywayz waste your time talkin crap to someone else like a bunch of kids now. This is supposed to be a site to learn stuff about cb7's not have trash talked on ya. So go act like a bunch of kids somewhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by hondapowered91
            This is supposed to be a site to learn stuff about cb7's not have trash talked on ya.

If this site is all about learning, then you're not learning yourself. There is a classified forum to sell things. We aren't learning from your post. We're seeing advertisement for your own benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by hondapowered91
              To all you people out there who think i'm lyin i have my subs sold. This guy heard how loud they were and can vouche. Anywayz waste your time talkin crap to someone else like a bunch of kids now. This is supposed to be a site to learn stuff about cb7's not have trash talked on ya. So go act like a bunch of kids somewhere else!
              Sir you are misadvertising. I don't like your post because it is a very poor idea and you can easily blow the woofers in that size of a box using that kind of low power. You can do this with any set of subwoofers that will work with IB. Heck you can do it with just about any subwoofers out there. Again its not a great idea, but it works

Comment

Originally posted by haibane
                I don't like your post because it is a very poor idea and you can easily blow the woofers in that size of a box using that kind of low power.
                yeah, already had this discussion...too little power cannot ruin your speakers...im sorry, but you are wrong..when you turn the volume down, you decrease the power, if too little power would destroy subs, then you would have to play them at full volume all of the time...

Comment

You are missing one IMPORTANT THING,, yes this is the audio forum, but it is not the FOR SALE FORUM. and with post count being what it is, and no pics, lack of information, i VOTE TO CLOSE THIS THREAD it is COMPLETLY USELESS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    yeah, already had this discussion...too little power cannot ruin your speakers...im sorry, but you are wrong..when you turn the volume down, you decrease the power, if too little power would destroy subs, then you would have to play them at full volume all of the time...
                    Too little power can destroy your subs. Its called clipping. You can still send sine waves to speakers therefore clip your subs. If your gains are too high you can kiss your subs good bye. So sorry you are wrong. I'm an EE major, if you want to tell me that my professor and all I have learned thus far about sine waves vs square waves is wrong then man you have balls

Comment

haibane, he's right though

heat is what kills the coil. Inefficient cooling will lead to a blown coil.

Comment

haibane, he's right though

heat is what kills the coil. Inefficient cooling will lead to a blown coil.
                        You can still kill something driving it to clipping with less power though cause I have seen it done, and it follows all the laws of electronics when a square wave hits it. If we are talking about a coil, heat will still kill it. The heat increases immensly when using a square wave.

Comment

^^^I gotta agree wit ya both in this situation (GSteg and haibane). I believe that both of you are correct as far as damaging a speaker. Excessive heat without proper cooling and/or insufficient power to the speakers will result in the speakers RIP (jus my lil .02 cents)
                          Check out what used to be mine
                          Click Here

Comment

You can still kill something driving it to clipping with less power though cause I have seen it done, and it follows all the laws of electronics when a square wave hits it. If we are talking about a coil, heat will still kill it. The heat increases immensly when using a square wave.

With less power, but for a coil that is 3" in diameter and about 1.5" long, it'll take care of the headunit's clipping power. There is just not enough heat from 22w (even clipping would increase it to about 45w) to burn it.

Hey i know. We can experiment. I have a coil that belongs to an RE HC quad 1ohm. I can let it sit there and send have the headunit's clipping power to it. #" diameter, almost 2" tall, 4-layer flatwounded copper wiring, the goodies. Suppose to handle over 1kw . I can record the action on a video. I'm not sure if you guys wanna sit there for 3 hours looking at a coil warming up though.

Comment

With less power, but for a coil that is 3" in diameter and about 1.5" long, it'll take care of the headunit's clipping power. There is just not enough heat from 22w (even clipping would increase it to about 45w) to burn it.

Hey i know. We can experiment. I have a coil that belongs to an RE HC quad 1ohm. I can let it sit there and send have the headunit's clipping power to it. #" diameter, almost 2" tall, 4-layer flatwounded copper wiring, the goodies. Suppose to handle over 1kw . I can record the action on a video. I'm not sure if you guys wanna sit there for 3 hours looking at a coil warming up though.
                              I totally forgot we were talking about a cheapo headunit...

Comment

I totally forgot we were talking about a cheapo headunit...
                                lol, haibane...we already had this discussion before..too little power will not destroy a sub or speaker...the after-effects of it CAN, but it wont necessarily destroy the sub with too little power....think about it, every time that you decrease the volume, you decrease the power sent to the sub...like i said before, you don't always listen to it at full volume, so too little power will not kill a sub...

Comment

Working...
                                X