Playstation in boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation in boot

Has anyone got a playstation in their car? I currently have mine under the seat with a 7" screen in the glove box. I want to put the PS2 in the boot, but the problem I have is turning the thing on without having to get out of the car. Any one know of any ways to get around this?? I have thought of getting the DVD remote and mounting the IR sensor in the dash, but its alot of work, Any one know any easier ways?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

I dunno man. LOL @ boot though...I'm sure there's some solution.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i got this info off cardomain, i don't know if it will work for aa ps2. I managed to wire up my XBOX for remote power on/off, and that means i dont have to cram my console under the seat or inside the glve compartment. This applies to PS2 as well, so all you Sony fans can use this as well. How you ask? Buy a Wireless Doorbell Ringer from Home Depot/Lowes, its about 1o$+tax. Buy a +5Volt reed relay from Radio Shack, email me for exact part no. That doorbell ringer runs on batteries, 2 C's to be exact 1.5v each cell, that means it needs +3volts to 'ring'. So open up the ringer and cut the black/red wires that lead into the battery compartment. Also clip off the speaker terminal wires cuz we dont want it to 'ring' we want it to complete a circuit. So how open up your XBOX and find the ATX connector that goes from the XBO power supply to the XBOX mainboard. When the XBOX is off its really on 'standby' and supplies a contact +3.3v so the mainboard to retain, time settings, blah blah. So this is perfect cuz our ringer needs +3v to operate. So piggy back the black/red power terminals of the ringer to the +3v/GBD terminals of the XBOX power supply, that takes care of power. Now find the XBOX power button near the face of the XBOX, find the 2 leads that complete the power circuit when you 'push' the button. Now bring out your +5v relay and connect the circuit leads to the XBOX power button and the signal leads to the Speaker terminals of the doorbell ringer. Close everything back up and youre done! If you did a good job press the button of the doorbell ringer and your XBOX should come to life

Comment

i haven't tried it yet, but hopefully i will sometime.

Comment

My PS2

Here's what I've got. Hope this helps.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

mount it on a switch, and then just keep that fool turned on..

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              i had it in my last one for a few months, but got tired of it....people always wanna play it and crowd in your car, etc......people suck
              lol, he's the biggest un-people person alive...its just funny to me sometimes...

Comment

You need an inverter to really run it anyways so what you do is get a 120v series switch spice it in on the ground or power side of the power cable for your ps and your done. What i did with mine and I'm problem free, PS and the X are mounted in my spare tire well.

Comment

Yea I've already got that and it powers up the PS but doesnt turn it on . . . I'm thinking of just adding another power and reset switch on the dash

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                    Yea I've already got that and it powers up the PS but doesnt turn it on . . . I'm thinking of just adding another power and reset switch on the dash
                    hey, use the "quote" button, rather than the "reply" button if you are going to say something like" i have already done that or something like that"

Comment

Working...
                    X