Opinions On Amplifier Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accrdpower
    what shows do u go to????? wow obviously the crappy ass shows where maybe 50 show up .the shows i have been to is where thousands if not tens of thousands of people show up...many have systems of more than 5000W and the ones that don;t have 5000W or so have incredibly good quality speakers/ subs and layouts.
    The show you're talking about is not an actual reputable organization. It's just a gathering of people who just likes to show off their money.

IASCA, MECA, DB Drag, USACi, etc are on the national level. It's where records are set and standards to be raise. Mojo in the parking lot isn't going to accomplish anything in those events with his tv in his escalade. SPL records in those class are over 160db. A stock car with 5omg000 watts isn't going to be anywhere near it. Those guys who are hitting over 160db usually have reinforced custom plexiglass windshield. I hope you really dont try to come back and say those guys dont know what their doing because J-dizzle over there hit 172db with his stock windshield. Then that would really show that your show you speak of has no merit because most windshield would shatter above 160db @ 60hz.

As for sound quality, what kind of layouts do they have? What kind of speaker/amp/etc do they run?

Comment

well the escalade had no windows on his truck period. body panels were reinforced, the roof was reinforced. the only thing i can remember from the layout was complete blue fiberglass enlcosure painted by house of kolor, sponsored by jbl, had a shit load of jbl amps, 2 5 farad capacitors, 10 optima yellow tops, there was only a driver seat....and i guarentee this thing would blow away alot of the guys at the big events, probably not all but alot of them. when u have an escalde with well over 20k work of audio equiment alone. and this was not just some gathering of guys, it was an invite only with about 15 companies or so ranging from house of kolor, jbl, Nx , paxton, street glow, pirelli, aem, greddy, and some others i cant remember. there were a few clubs there as well. cars ranged from a civic, jeep, escalade, bmw, ferrari, lamborgini, porche, nsx, blazer, accord, integra, srt4, s10, the infamous shinka, eclipse, a mercedes, and a whole bunch of others. there was one guy tom who had some form of what looked like a pickup truck with over 1800hp, entire truck fully sponsored, freaking sick. but anyway, starting to get that adrenaline rush just thinking of it lol. i am not an expert in car audio by any means but i do now enough to get around. i'm 20 with a car club that has more connections and friends than anyone could dream of. that is how we get invited to all these private showings and get into HIN for free i'l be talking to you guys later, working on a coolant issue for my car. feel free to pm me if u really wanna get a nice chat going, i'd be more than happy to!
      My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
        well the escalade had no windows on his truck period. body panels were reinforced, the roof was reinforced. the only thing i can remember from the layout was complete blue fiberglass enlcosure painted by house of kolor, sponsored by jbl, had a shit load of jbl amps, 2 5 farad capacitors, 10 optima yellow tops, there was only a driver seat....and i guarentee this thing would blow away alot of the guys at the big events, probably not all but alot of them. when u have an escalde with well over 20k work of audio equiment alone. and this was not just some gathering of guys, it was an invite only with about 15 companies or so ranging from house of kolor, jbl, Nx , paxton, street glow, pirelli, aem, greddy, and some others i cant remember. there were a few clubs there as well. cars ranged from a civic, jeep, escalade, bmw, ferrari, lamborgini, porche, nsx, blazer, accord, integra, srt4, s10, the infamous shinka, eclipse, a mercedes, and a whole bunch of others. there was one guy tom who had some form of what looked like a pickup truck with over 1800hp, entire truck fully sponsored, freaking sick. but anyway, starting to get that adrenaline rush just thinking of it lol. i am not an expert in car audio by any means but i do now enough to get around. i'm 20 with a car club that has more connections and friends than anyone could dream of. that is how we get invited to all these private showings and get into HIN for free i'l be talking to you guys later, working on a coolant issue for my car. feel free to pm me if u really wanna get a nice chat going, i'd be more than happy to!

I have the connections to go to those shows, but I don't. I like competition. Not show..., Fyi the escalade would loose. All the pressure would go out the windows. Just cause a car has a lot of subs and a lot of power doesn't mean it is anywhere near as loud as any other car. There is a lot more that goes into it. I remember when my friends at Iasca were mopping up on people with walls when they just had a pair of 10s in a small box.

Comment

Now it reminds me of scottie johnson's van where the sound pressure inside cracked his door open. lmao. Damn pressure

Comment

Working...
          X