Can I run a 3-way setup up front???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I run a 3-way setup up front???

I wanna ditch my subs and have 6.5" free air subs in the back deck, and have a 6.5" midbass, a 4" midrange and a tweeter in front. Is it doable without fiberglass?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

not without fiberglass unless you buy q froms kickpanel pods. Then you can mount the 6.5 in the door and the 4" and tweeter in the kickpanel pods.
    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

or the other way around
      You could use wood! LOL
      Fibreglass is not all bad! I did it and that pretty much means anyone can! LOL
      Check out my SD.

WaC!

Comment

fiberglass will end up lookin the best...although the premade enclosures, whether q-forms or q-logic, will be the best bet if you are unsure of your fiberglass skills...after all, finerglass can get expensive if you mess up a few times, and if you are nit-picky, then it will never be good enough for you...go with some pre-made pods...you will most likely be completely satisfied with them

Comment

Q-Forms

Crutchfield link:

I plugged in my car and "nothing was available", then I clicked some "show all" link and got closer (ivory and beige colors only), then some other link (damn you, Crutchfield, fix your search!) and found this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-I792MKW...044K600342#Tab

You'll see a popup list showing 7 colors! For some reason I thought they were more than $150. Hmm ...

But my concern about these has always been,

a) I think I'd miss the deal pedal.
          b) I know I'd scratch them up with my feet.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            I wanna ditch my subs and have 6.5" free air subs in the back deck, and have a 6.5" midbass, a 4" midrange and a tweeter in front. Is it doable without fiberglass?
            You can put both the 4" and the 6.5 in the doors if you wish. I currently have a three way with 6.5s in boxes actually up front.

Comment

I dunno if I could deal with not having that dead pedal either...I kinda travel a lot. Plus it would be cool to have everything just in the doors...

haibane, you have any pics of your setup?

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

"

As for pictures lol... umm I will post a few hear and there. Tweeter pictures will have to wait as I have not taken any in a while.

12O

eu700

Controller for the h701

Denon

Pictures of the tweeters and amps will come later. 4"s are in stock location so you can't see them...

found a few more pics...

Still no tweeter pictures... might take those later..." There is a rough quote from another thread for me. I might get pics of the tweeters later but doubtful. Not much to look at lol
                Last edited by haibane; 11-07-2005, 10:20 PM.

Comment

you know what i thought about doing...but was hesitant about...how about making custom fiberglass pods...but instead of putting them on the floor where they can get wet, stepped on, dirty, etc.....why not make pods for them to go in the corners of the dash...the wiring would be easy to hide, it would look cool, and it would sound great...the sound would come at you even straighter, rather than up, not much difference, but something different....i like the idea, but i havent yet sold my dad on it...urgh...parents who like to interfere...lol

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    you know what i thought about doing...but was hesitant about...how about making custom fiberglass pods...but instead of putting them on the floor where they can get wet, stepped on, dirty, etc.....why not make pods for them to go in the corners of the dash...the wiring would be easy to hide, it would look cool, and it would sound great...the sound would come at you even straighter, rather than up, not much difference, but something different....i like the idea, but i havent yet sold my dad on it...urgh...parents who like to interfere...lol
                    So this...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...blah/Pass1.jpg

Yeah Popular idea in sq... I am thinking about it, but not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by haibane
                      So this...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...blah/Pass1.jpg

Yeah Popular idea in sq... I am thinking about it, but not sure...
                      no...maybe for a tweet mount..but my idea was more along the idea of actually onthe dashboard, rather than be mounted on the a-pillar...get what im saying?

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                        no...maybe for a tweet mount..but my idea was more along the idea of actually onthe dashboard, rather than be mounted on the a-pillar...get what im saying?
                        On the dash firing up or on the dash aimed at the listener? And yes I see what you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                          Crutchfield link:

I plugged in my car and "nothing was available", then I clicked some "show all" link and got closer (ivory and beige colors only), then some other link (damn you, Crutchfield, fix your search!) and found this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-I792MKW...044K600342#Tab

You'll see a popup list showing 7 colors! For some reason I thought they were more than $150. Hmm ...

But my concern about these has always been,

a) I think I'd miss the deal pedal.
                          b) I know I'd scratch them up with my feet.

Another problem with qforms is they aren't sturdy enough and generally rattle

Comment

The footwell area at first seems problematic for acoustics, however I think that anything near the windshield would be worse: all that glass.

haibane those boxes are a hoot! Whaddya do, step on the box to stop the car?? Actually, way back when, I briefly had Radio Shack Minimus 7s on the floor of another car, pointing straight up to the ceiling. Was some good imaging actually.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                              The footwell area at first seems problematic for acoustics, however I think that anything near the windshield would be worse: all that glass.

haibane those boxes are a hoot! Whaddya do, step on the box to stop the car?? Actually, way back when, I briefly had Radio Shack Minimus 7s on the floor of another car, pointing straight up to the ceiling. Was some good imaging actually.
                              Come by and I will let you hear it. You are about a half an hour away Still tuning though. Midbass and substage isn't quite right...

Comment

Working...
                              X