what should i get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should i get

what 2400 watt amp should i get to power my two 1200 watt jbl subs i have already blown two 800 watt sony amps on them

yea don't bother with sony.....for amps i would go with audiobahn, power acoustic, or rockford. power acoustic has the most watts/dollar. the best quality would be the audiobahn. best price/quality would be rockford. although i love the older rockford amps alot better the new ones are overpriced

also check for rms verse peak power. don't let it fool u. go with a higher rms amp.
    My members ride thread

Comment

Audiobahn or MTX rockford are too expensive check out audiobahns on ebay
      92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
      and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

[QUOTE=accrdpower]yea don't bother with sony.....for amps i would go with audiobahn, power acoustic, or rockford. power acoustic has the most watts/dollar. the best quality would be the audiobahn. best price/quality would be rockford. although i love the older rockford amps alot better the new ones are overpriced

also check for rms verse peak power. don't let it fool u. go with a higher rms amp.[/QUOTE

the only good amps from audio bahn is the flame series all the new stuff only produces like half of the power

Comment

sony needs to stick to makin playstations..etc...not amps!! i blew a 240 watt one..for my highs..they suck!!

Comment

hifonics?

Comment

Soundstream, Power acoustik(what I have, works real well).But you can get a good soundstream amp for as much as the power acoustik, and I would much prefere a soundstream amp.
              No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

go with mtx, eclipse, kicker, arc audio, alpine, JL audio, MMATS, rainbow, PPI, orion, US amps, xtant, treo. all of those are great amps..stick with them and you cant go wrong...and remember, you get what you pay for...also, i wouldnt go with audiobahn, heard bad things about audiobahn's warranties...just my $/02, and its a freakin opinion, so accordpower, you better not say anything..its a freakin opinion...

Comment

Any of the amps above will work but here's some info to take into consideration...
                  1) Hifonics is overrated by a few hundred
                  2) Power Acoustik is overrated by a few hundred
                  3) Sony is wayyy overrated by about half
                  4) Soundstream was bought by Pyramid a couple years ago and we all know who Pyramid is (even worse than Sony)
                  5) Rockford Fosgate got their designer back who designed the old school punch series (waffle style amps that made them famous in the first place)
                  6) MTX is good for clean and real power ratings
                  7) Audiobahn sells looks (notice the bling-bling flames on their amps), power-wise, they are so and so...and overrated by a few hundred

So IMO, I'd go with Orion, PPI, Viper, Directed, Treo, JL Audio, Zapco, Elemental Designs. There's more but the important question is; what is your budget?

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                    go with mtx, eclipse, kicker, arc audio, alpine, JL audio, MMATS, rainbow, PPI, orion, US amps, xtant, treo. all of those are great amps..stick with them and you cant go wrong...and remember, you get what you pay for...also, i wouldnt go with audiobahn, heard bad things about audiobahn's warranties...just my $/02, and its a freakin opinion, so accordpower, you better not say anything..its a freakin opinion...
                    Hahahahaha. Oh, but yeah, the ones I missed that mondojackel mentioned .

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

2,400 watts one amp, wow. sounds like u were looking at lightining audio or jensen amps. theres a difference between JL or rockford watts and jensen watts

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                        2,400 watts one amp, wow. sounds like u were looking at lightining audio or jensen amps. theres a difference between JL or rockford watts and jensen watts

wats better

Comment

JL and rockford. dont go to walmart

Comment

Originally posted by headbussaboi
                            4) Soundstream was bought by Pyramid a couple years ago and we all know who Pyramid is (even worse than Sony)
                            yeah i have a soundstream sitting in my romm..all its good for now is a paper weight...

I my Power Acoustik amp and Capacitor

I got both of mine off ebay...$160 for the 1600w gothic series amp..and $60 for the 2 Farad Cap
                            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by headbussaboi
                              Hahahahaha. Oh, but yeah, the ones I missed that mondojackel mentioned .
                              dont you hate it when you reply and someone else does it while you are replying...that bugs me...lol

why does everyone spell jackal like "jackel"
                              Originally posted by lilwalt
                              wats better
                              either way, to go with 2 1200 watts amps, or with one 2400 watt amp, it doesnt really matter, except that you are going to go broke buying the 2400 watt amp, cuz it aint gonna be cheap...also, make sure that you are going by RMS speaker ratings, and not by peak, cuz if you feed those things 1200w RMS a piece, and they can only handle 600w RMS a piece, thats gonna be a heck of a smoke show...fried voice coils arent pretty, nor cheap, so be careful..

Comment

Working...
                              X