No announcement yet.

what should i get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now did i say a word mondo ? lol hehehe i'm too tired right now...2 doses of nyquil in me...so yea just do what mondo says!
    My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
      dont you hate it when you reply and someone else does it while you are replying...that bugs me...lol

why does everyone spell jackal like "jackel"

either way, to go with 2 1200 watts amps, or with one 2400 watt amp, it doesnt really matter, except that you are going to go broke buying the 2400 watt amp, cuz it aint gonna be cheap...also, make sure that you are going by RMS speaker ratings, and not by peak, cuz if you feed those things 1200w RMS a piece, and they can only handle 600w RMS a piece, thats gonna be a heck of a smoke show...fried voice coils arent pretty, nor cheap, so be careful..
      if the rms says 300 watts but the peak says 1200 watts wat amount of watts amp should i get

Comment

Always go with RMS and Not peak. If the subs or speakers are 300 rms get a amp that is 300 rms.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
          Always go with RMS and Not peak. If the subs or speakers are 300 rms get a amp that is 300 rms.
          he's got the right idea...RMS to RMS, cuz RMS is usually the same for companies, although most have completely different ways of getting peak power.
          you might have noticed, though, that the higher end companies rate tehir peak wattage at about 2x their RMS wattage...while others have a peak rating about 4x their RMS rating, it just all depends on the manufacturer, so go by RMS rating...

Comment

Rms wattage
            Cea 2006 compliant (if possible)
            And brand name company are the way to go. Usually the amps WITHOUT the fancy lights or the bling bling are the best ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
              Rms wattage
              Cea 2006 compliant (if possible)
              And brand name company are the way to go. Usually the amps WITHOUT the fancy lights or the bling bling are the best ones out there.
              good idea there....performance over looks....all go and no show...thats the way i like it...

Comment

what brand and mode; are the speakers? What size are they?? You DO NOT need a 2400 watt amp NOR a 1200 watt amp. Damn NEWBs j/k. Anyways those things will BARELY handle 600 watts each. The 800 watt amps you were using put out mor along the lines of 300-350 watts at a peak point.

Get something like a mono amp that is efficient and rated at around 700-800x1 @4 ohms mono @12 volts continuous power.

NEVER EVER EVER go along the lines of the subs peak power nor an amps peak power cause thats not the REAL rating on em. ALWAYS look at their RMS ratings.

So tell us what kind they are.
                "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si
                  what brand and mode; are the speakers? What size are they?? You DO NOT need a 2400 watt amp NOR a 1200 watt amp. Damn NEWBs j/k. Anyways those things will BARELY handle 600 watts each. The 800 watt amps you were using put out mor along the lines of 300-350 watts at a peak point.

Get something like a mono amp that is efficient and rated at around 700-800x1 @4 ohms mono @12 volts continuous power.

NEVER EVER EVER go along the lines of the subs peak power nor an amps peak power cause thats not the REAL rating on em. ALWAYS look at their RMS ratings.

So tell us what kind they are.

the subs are two jbl with the peak being 1200 watts a peace and the rms being 300 watts a peace at the place where i bought them from the guy had 600 watts running to each sub and he had 2 hooked up and they are 12's

Comment

and the are 2 ohms

Comment

Originally posted by lilwalt
                      the subs are two jbl with the peak being 1200 watts a peace and the rms being 300 watts a peace at the place where i bought them from the guy had 600 watts running to each sub and he had 2 hooked up and they are 12's
                      alright, so you need an amp that puts out 600wRMS @ 4ohms...then you'd have it set up perfectly..

an amp like a Kicker SX600.2....that should do just fine, and i hope that you have some money stored up...cuz that amp is gonna run like $600+....sorry for that....but you DO get what you pay for...
                      Last edited by mondojackal; 11-01-2005, 08:58 PM.

Comment

alright, so you need an amp that puts out 600wRMS @ 4ohms...then you'd have it set up perfectly..

an amp like a Kicker SX600.2....that should do just fine, and i hope that you have some money stored up...cuz that amp is gonna run like $600+....sorry for that....but you DO get what you pay for...
                        if the subs are 2 ohms should i get a 2 ohm amp or a 4 ohm amps

Comment

Originally posted by lilwalt
                          if the subs are 2 ohms should i get a 2 ohm amp or a 4 ohm amps
                          depends on how you wire them, if you wire them in series...that would give you a 4 ohm amp load, if you wire them parallel...that would give you a 1 ohm load on your amp..
                          the total load depends on how you wire them and what total ohm load you can give, or want to give the amplifier

Comment

RMS? what's that? jk

In my newbie years of audio, I always went by RMS. Now I dont bother to look at it anymore. I get a big amp with lots of headroom and start listening As long as you're not being an idiot about the volume knob, you'll be fine. Never gave me any trouble. Common sense is better than what's on paper. You hear/smell/see something funny, turn down the volume knob.

Comment

Originally posted by GSteg
                              RMS? what's that? jk

In my newbie years of audio, I always went by RMS. Now I dont bother to look at it anymore. I get a big amp with lots of headroom and start listening As long as you're not being an idiot about the volume knob, you'll be fine. Never gave me any trouble. Common sense is better than what's on paper. You hear/smell/see something funny, turn down the volume knob.
                              i like the "smell" part of that...whats that burning smell....and where's all that heat coming from.....AGH!!!

Comment

dont you hate it when you reply and someone else does it while you are replying...that bugs me...lol

why does everyone spell jackal like "jackel"
                                Damn, and I carefully looked at your name before I typed that too. Must have been the alcohol . Or you could always change your name .

I'm NOT an ED salesperson so don't ask me why I recommend their products, but if you have $315 dollars, get their 9.1. You won't be disapponited. I have 2 of them in my trunk to a JL 13W7 and it pounds. For that kind of price, you can't lose. It fits your application too, 1200 watts RMS at 1 ohm...all at 12.5 volts!
                                Last edited by headbussaboi; 11-02-2005, 09:47 PM.

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

Working...
                                X