rerun wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rerun wiring

does anyone know who to rerun new wiring for speakers? the right side of my car is shorted and i have to rerun new wiring. tia

Re run the wires to were, threw the door boot? a lil more discription please?

Comment

the speaker wiring, the whole right side is not working and are shorted out, therefore i need to rerun new wiring.

Comment

If they are shorted you need to check where they are shorted out first. Most likely its behind the stereo and if its not there then its at the speaker. Its highly unlikely that there is a short in the middle of the speaker wire. Check behind the deck first.

Comment

wouldnt it just be better to just rerun the whole thing?

Comment

Originally posted by ap716
            wouldnt it just be better to just rerun the whole thing?
            If you want to put that kind of time into it i guess...but i would check behind the deck first if it was me....

Sometimes its the smallest things that cause the biggest problems
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

well its a new hu so i dont think it could be the hu you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ap716
                well its a new hu so i dont think it could be the hu you know.
                New head unit=possible problem. When they put in a new deck they either use a wire harness adapter or cut off the factory plug and then connect up the wires. So I still say check the wires.

Also you say the entire right side.....did you check your fade and balance settings?

Comment

if you rerun the whole thing...use high quality speaker wire and do it for both side..
                  i'd take the seats out and all that..
                  nice time to clean up your car too...
                  if you go with the full speaker wire now, if you add a system later, all you have to do is hook it up..

Comment

Working...
                  X