thought on more anti-theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought on more anti-theft

i was wondering if it was possible to install a push start button but hide it somewhere and use the key column as a dud.
    so the theif would have to spend time breaking into the key column and figure out it wont work.
    OR....using the key to activate the button, just playing with ideas right now.

but if i were to disconnect th key coulm, then how would i figure out CEL's or play my radio w/o the engine on?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

for a push button you still would need the key in the on positition for it to work cause it just jumps the starter to start the car this enables you to listen to your radio and stuff.

a cool way to do it is make an interupt where if you want to start the car, a key goes in but wont start unless you press a button then start the car. you still turn the key and all but this way its another step to attemp to start the car.

most fords have this in their anti thefts where you just tap the brakes and then it will start when you turn the key.

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp

if you really want to bypass the key you can but i think its too much hassle to do so.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
      for a push button you still would need the key in the on positition for it to work cause it just jumps the starter to start the car this enables you to listen to your radio and stuff.

a cool way to do it is make an interupt where if you want to start the car, a key goes in but wont start unless you press a button then start the car. you still turn the key and all but this way its another step to attemp to start the car.

most fords have this in their anti thefts where you just tap the brakes and then it will start when you turn the key.

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp

if you really want to bypass the key you can but i think its too much hassle to do so.
      HMMMMMM, thanks for the info. i will def. consider this...i know my alarm has starter kill but they'll probably find that in 10 seconds and rip it out
      I <3 G60.

Comment

On my buddys 300zx TWIN TURBO, you had to push and hold the cruise control button while you started it. it was sweet
        92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
        and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

some people have the parking lights on then it starts the car

or some has the seatbelt in before u start it heheh
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by Neriah06
            On my buddys 300zx TWIN TURBO, you had to push and hold the cruise control button while you started it. it was sweet
            Yep, I have a friend with an si and you have to do that.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

I always liked the little chip thing below the steering wheel. without it the engine wouldn't start I've seen these before on other cars but not too often. the only downside with this is I always lose the damn thing and it takes me forever to find.
              always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

Ive got the viper alarm, but the autolock! is awsome goes on your clutch, (or brake pedal on autos) and wont let you move it so you cant drive off.
                My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                  Ive got the viper alarm, but the autolock! is awsome goes on your clutch, (or brake pedal on autos) and wont let you move it so you cant drive off.
                  heh, you should see how much stuff i sport
                  more security than the house...

but i also do have a starter kill switch setup sitting in my room.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

hehe in my manual 300zx i have it hooked up to my ignition coil =-) no start period..not even push starts.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

That's all nice until someone just tows your car. There are ways to prevent that as well though.

Comment

The way i have mine is that you have to put your seat belt on in order to be able to start the car, a thief wont think about putting the seat belt on if he is stealing the car>

Comment

you know your just giving a theif more ideas on how to start the car? you just gave one away.. what if we have a guest member thats a theif... you just gave him more ideas to steal the car..
                          http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

my cousin had a 98 prelude and underneath the armrest between the front seats right by the latch to open it up was a tiny red button that was his starter button. he just inserted the key and turned it to on but it wouldnt start it if you turned it all the way, you had to push the button first...kick ass

Comment

the good ole' fuel pump kill switch, you can drive with no gas.....

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Working...
                              X