front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front speakers

How do i install the two front speakers on my car? Do i just snap the cover off ?

You need to take the door panel off. The speaker covers do not pop off.

1. Their should be 2 screws you need to take off.

1. One in the door handle theirs a cover you just pop out and you can get to it unless its visible.
    2. The other one should be down by the door courtesy light.

What next:
    Once you take out the screws pop off start popping off the tabs.
    Just give your door panel a little pry don't worry you won't break anything.
    Its mostly held on by tabs.
    Next to remove the door panels you lift up on it and it should come off.
    You might have to unhook the door handle hindge.

Make sure:
    You disconnect all the plugs so you don't end up ripping them or bending them.

Now:
    their should be a plastic peice that holds your front speakers.

Size:
    Depending on the size of your speakers for instant I looked up on cartoys and they said the front speakers for cb7 is 5 1/2 which I bought only to find out it won't fit back in to the plastic holder. So I had to take the plastic holder off and custom mount the speakers. Anything 5 inches or higher will not fit in that plastic speaker holder.

I hoped I cover everything if not guys go ahead and correct me..

Make sure when your done connect everything and to put it back together just setit back in down. Make sure your door lock is align right and you got your door handle piece put back together its just the matter of hitting all the tabs to lock it into place and screwing the screws back in.
    Last edited by Chan_Man; 10-08-2005, 01:29 AM.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man

Now:
      their should be a plastic peice that holds your front speakers.

Size:
      Depending on the size of your speakers for instant I looked up on cartoys and they said the front speakers for cb7 is 5 1/2 which I bought only to find out it won't fit back in to the plastic holder. So I had to take the plastic holder off and custom mount the speakers. Anything 5 inches or higher will not fit in that plastic speaker holder.
      actually its easyer if you use the plastic speaker holder just take a blade and cut the rear out and make the hole slightly larger and you shold be fine ...

in the coupe modle accord their is another screw in the door handle and only on the pasenger side there is a larg mashine screw behind the door handle also every thing else is preaty acurate ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

6.5" speakers fit in the doors of the LX and DX but EX has smaller pods. if your speaker is too deep and you decide to cut the plastic basket, make sure that your windows are rolled all the way down to check for clearance. i did this install earlier this week. if you have broken door handles like i did, i suggest that you buy new ones and install them at the same time cause you have to take them off anyway.

Comment

does the door panel just slide off even with power windows and such?
          92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
          and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

you have to unplug wires for power windows, power locks, and the courtesy light in the door.

Comment

theres a "sticky" in this forum a couple posts up with pics
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...8&page=2&pp=15
              FA1

Comment

Working...
              X