Stock honda cd player conversion????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock honda cd player conversion????

Ok so i have this idea but i need either help or support or answers or whatever i can get...So heres the thing i just got a 93 2 door 5 speed with 68,000 miles on it for $3000 im so siked cuz itz like my dream car, well i would rather had 4 doors but thats not the point...So n e way we have this group getting together and my car it in imaculate condition...paint, body, miles, everything, i have this theme in mind where i wanna keep everything stock or at least stock looking. So now we come down to the question; Is there any year honda CD player that has pre-amp outputs cuz at the very most i have wiring and an amp and a pioneer 450 watt sub that i wanna install...so i figure it would keep with the honda look and theme and while a new headunit would be nice i had this thought instead...i need back up and i will keep my ears open too. I just installed some stock sized replacement pioneers 150 watt 6 1/2's n and im eventually gonna move them to the front and install some pioneer oversized 6 1/2's that supossedly measure 6 3/4 they fit so says the best buy computer so we'll see. I just need some feed back on the CD player question i've seen one and i think it is still for sale where i saw it but i wanna know if this idea will work, will it fit and does it have pre-amp outputs? thanx alot
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

I'm not sure if any stock systems would have the proper connections for a sub (though I'm not much into electronics yet... I had mine installed for me )

That would be a really cool idea for your car though, since it's so perfectly stock. You don't have much to replace, and stock Honda parts will keep up the theme you already have. Maybe a 5th gen CD player would fit? They're similarly designed, aren't they?

Comment

Well, your first problem is having a 93 Accord as your dream car , but I dont see why a stock cd player from a later model wouldnt fit. And good goin with the Pioneer speakers. I got some 6 1/2s in the back and they sound GREAT, even with the stock headunit.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Yeah, I have Pioneer 6 1/2 in mine too... They're really good. My 3 ways have enough bass for me that I never even considered a sub. Of course, I don't listen to the right stuff for subs anyway!

And there's nothing wrong with having a CB7 as a dream car... I would take my car (with all my plans completed) over just about anything out there. Of course, it'll have well over $40,000 of work done to it by then I'm sure!

Comment

You can run all your stuff at line-level if I'm not mistaken. What I think you should do is get a little 75wx2 RMS amp for your fronts, and whatever for your subs, and get rid of your rears. You can run them off a OEM H/U with the lines from the stock radio. With an EQ and an electronic crossover for the fronts and sub respectively you'll have a system that sounds as good as 80% of the stuff out there if you tune it right.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

any honda or acura deck up to i believe 1998 will fit your car...if you don't believe me ask accordztech...he has a 96 integra deck in his....1999 and up have a different harness in the back...

Head Games Intl

Comment

Ok well this is your deal, You can get any Honda CD player you want and run a line out converter for your Sub amp. I install stereos and when people are stuck on the fact that they want to keep their stock radio thats what we use. Go to a mobile electronics installation bay and they will have them there, We sell ours for like $23. Whats it's going to allow you to do is convert a standard high level output (speaker wires) to a low level output (RCA's) respectively all you need then is to get your Honda CD player and wire up your amp. You can use your Acc. going to the honda radio as your remote turn on for the sub amp.

P.S. I think you may have to stick with a 4th Gen Player due to the style of the mounting brakets that this year Accord used. It's possible that you may be able to find another Honda CD player that will attach to the 4th Gen. factory brackets. If you find a newer honda radio that will mount correctly but the harness is different thats not going to be a problem, you'll just need to get a forward harness for you're current honda and a reverse harness for what ever radio you may find. both go for $16 each. Last but not least when you take out your current radio you're going to have to get two 7 or 8 mil screws in the back with a skewed driver for a power drill.

Anymore questions just ask I'll be more then happy to answer them.

~Greg
              '93 Accord EX
              with 14/16 valves bent!

Comment

or go to circuit city and buy a high low converter...costs like 20 bucks...it's in my car thanks tpham19...
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

does n e one know if a 1996 accord CD player could hook up, i found one on Ebay that looks nice,i really doubt that this is gonna happen n e time soon unless a CD player falls outta the sky im strap'd for cash asfter my car and insurace and tax title and tags and the 110 dollars that i've already spent on pioneer 6 1/2's K&N filter, and aluminum replacement pedals my clutch pedal was shot o well ill keep you all posted thanx for the support everyone

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

same
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

so it'll fit then?

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

yea it will fit...read my earlier post...works for all honda...and some acura...up until 1998

Head Games Intl

Comment

i have an acura gsr deck in my accord =).

Retro!

Hater

Comment

wonder who u got it from???

Head Games Intl

Comment

Originally posted by tpham
                              wonder who u got it from???
                              some dummas who didnt use a "auto lock" on his car. His car was slow though. :booty:

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X