No announcement yet.

help, subs arent working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that would help, I run mine series/paralell to 4ohms on my 851s and they are fine! More power wouldnt hurt though!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
      The cap is simply for deep draws of power caused by deep bass lines in music, the amp steals the power from them before the alt/ batt thus less stress on the alt/batt, I have a rebuilt alt., and optima yellow top and also a 1 farad rf cap, because my amp is high draw/ high current! Um its not because Audiobahns stuff is "bad" it is prolly because he hooked it up wrong in the first place causing it to heat up and overload thus malfunctioning!
      thanks for the lesson, but i am well aware of what capacitors do..its not really that complicated of a subject..
      by the way, in your trunk...you have two audiobahn subs in your trunk...no prob there, although...i do see that you have them both mounted regularly, then in another pic, you have one of them mounted isobaric...what are you doing? this would completely mess up the air displacement inside the enclosure...wouldnt be that big of a deal if your beloved audiobahn didnt put a massive gaudy flame basket on there.....

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
        thanks for the lesson, but i am well aware of what capacitors do..its not really that complicated of a subject..
        by the way, in your trunk...you have two audiobahn subs in your trunk...no prob there, although...i do see that you have them both mounted regularly, then in another pic, you have one of them mounted isobaric...what are you doing? this would completely mess up the air displacement inside the enclosure...wouldnt be that big of a deal if your beloved audiobahn didnt put a massive gaudy flame basket on there.....

WOW, the flame basket is fuckin sick, i <3 my audiobahn the best subs ever it hits harder than my old Kicker Comp. and capacitor is NEEDED for your car weather it is aftermarket alt. or not because at night with headlights on, my one 12 auidiobahn dims my lights at all times and hwne hard bass hits i cant see at all so capacitor fixed that....kthnx
        92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
        and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

Originally posted by Neriah06
          WOW, the flame basket is fuckin sick, i <3 my audiobahn the best subs ever it hits harder than my old Kicker Comp. and capacitor is NEEDED for your car weather it is aftermarket alt. or not because at night with headlights on, my one 12 auidiobahn dims my lights at all times and hwne hard bass hits i cant see at all so capacitor fixed that....kthnx
          capacitor doesn't "fix" anything, it merely postpones the inevitable..capacitors are really worthless if you have a stock alt...they don't do their job properly and they can't function at full capacity unless you have a charging system (ie-a hi-output alt) that is capable of quickly recharging your caps for every hard or heavy bass beat that your subs bump to..if you listen to rock or rap...ur screwin yourself over for later!

Comment

Working...
          X