help, subs arent working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help, subs arent working

i got my engine back in this past weekend, hooked my stereo back up and the subs worked fine last nite. i went to work this morning and they wouldnt work at all. the amp is getting power because its lighting up, the cap is getting power it shows the voltage, the remote wire is hooked up and everything is fine. im hoping its not amp not sending any signal out to the subs.

if anyone can be of any help that would be greatly appreciated.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

check all your wire connections and the ground, and cant you test the wires going from the amp to the sub for juice?
    Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

disconnect the sub wires from the amp, connect them to a 9v do you hear a pop? could also be rca cables
      FA1

Comment

would the pop be a good or a bad thing? i havent done any of this yet and wont be able to until after 4 tomorrow because i have school.

edit- sumtimes i here the subs wanting to come on, but its like for less then a second and then they stop.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

RCA.

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

rca dint have any affect. i hope its not the amp not putting any power to the subs.....cuz then ill have to return it to the seller not cool

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

a pop would be good, lets you know subs are working. if you dont get a pop, either a wire came disconnected (often inside the box) or the subs are blown.
              FA1

Comment

Check the wires to the subs inside the box, if it comes on sometimes then the wire or wires might have came off and makes connection when moved. Other than that, check ur RCAs.
                Team Motion
                ***FAS #12***

Comment

Try hookin up a shit speaker to the amp keep the volume down, if it works than its your subz, by the way what you runnin? Check out my ride on SD. Peace

WaC!

Comment

turn on your stereo with no music turned up, if you hear your subs make a slight noise, then you will know that they are getting juice, and that it is prolly the RCA cables.

Comment

well i just rewired them back to 1 ohm, which isnt stable to my amp. but i figured id rather have them working for 20 minute spans, then not working at all. but im saving up to buy a kicker 1200.1 anyway.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

im running 2 audiobahn 1206t's, an a8000t amp, 2 farad cap, pioneer 7700mp hea unit, panasonic 6x9s in the back, stocks up front but im buyin new front speakers in a week or so

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
                          im running 2 audiobahn 1206t's, an a8000t amp, 2 farad cap, pioneer 7700mp hea unit, panasonic 6x9s in the back, stocks up front but im buyin new front speakers in a week or so
                          do you have a new alt? if not, then why the cap?
                          audiobahn, that might be why ur stuff isnt workin...no offense, but my friend's audiobahn amp burnt up, and they wouldnt honor their guarantee...why give a guarantee if ur not goin to back it up?

Comment

The cap is simply for deep draws of power caused by deep bass lines in music, the amp steals the power from them before the alt/ batt thus less stress on the alt/batt, I have a rebuilt alt., and optima yellow top and also a 1 farad rf cap, because my amp is high draw/ high current! Um its not because Audiobahns stuff is "bad" it is prolly because he hooked it up wrong in the first place causing it to heat up and overload thus malfunctioning!

WaC!

Comment

the cap came with it. so far the stuff has held up pretty well. but like i said im saving up to get a kicker 1200.1, the subs need more power and 1 ohm stable amp.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X