Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats this extra wire for... -zap- WTF?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats this extra wire for... -zap- WTF?!

hey guys, i just got a "new" stereo for my mom's sorrie. its a year 2000 pioneer DEH P8000R. yeah just a lil old but it works good.

ok, so its got this illumination wire...

eh...?

how do i connect that? I dont think there is a wire in the stock harness for ILL. Do i connect the illumination wire to the constant power? Ignition power?? how do i wire this? This is one hell of a trippy deck. Any help please?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Actually there IS a wire for illumination. What it does is dim the buttons and display at night. Makes it really nice. I know for my Eclipse deck it turned on the button illumination as it was off during the day.

EDIT: If you don't want to use it just leave it disconnected. Its an on-off type lead; it just needs to know whether the lights are on or off.

Comment

On the stock harness of the vehicle there is a wire that will light up only when you turn your parking lights on, so get a 12 volt test light and test which wire only goes on and off with your parking lights and when you find it, attach the orange wire on the pioneer deck to it.

Comment

thanks fellas, but the deck is shot, i hooked it up today, the matrix display on the deck is all fuzzy and fucked up. it probably needs a new face plate... meh...

thanks!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
        X