Stereo Power on/off question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Power on/off question.

Well this is my first post. I usually cruise the 3geez.com forum but no longer own a 86-89 accord. I just purchased a 1992 LX Accord for $1500 and had a question about the stereo.

When you turn on the car you have to manually turn on the stereo. If you turn off the car while the stereo is on of course the stereo turns off with the car,...BUT when you turn the car back on the stereo is still off.

Basicall everytime the car is restarted the stereo must be manually turned on. Is this something easy to fix, or something to worry about? Sorry if this is a stupid question but this is my first 90-93 accord.

running stock head unit ?

Comment

wow u got a deal.... Lucky !

Comment

i dont think thats supposed to happen. maybe the memory wire isnt hooked up correctly. and yeah, thats a good deal.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

It has an aftermarket radio so maybe there is a switched wire in the back,...I'll check out the wire diagram and see what I can find on the memory wire.

I bought the car from a lady at work. Original owner. 207,000miles but it has no dents, dings, burns, stains or scratches. Paint is still glossy. Only thing is the miles and its an automatic (wife made me do it). I just sold my 86 Accord Dx Hatchback for $1000 with 207,000 miles on it. I just hope this 92 treats me as good as my 86 did!!!

Thanks for the advise on the radio

Comment

np, check back and see let us know if you figured things out.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

there are 2 fuses on the car, one in the fuse pannel inside and one in the engine (backup radio). check those, then look behind the deck to see if there is a fuse there too inline on the red or yellow wires.

check that and let us know.

usually its the inside fuse in the engine. 7.5amp
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

accordztech,

You were right, it was the 7.5 amp fuse in the engine bay. I picked one up at pick-n-pull swapped it out and WALLA! Thanks again for the help.

Now I have a couple questions about airflow with these cars...off to performance.

Comment

Working...
                X