Clear All

have trouble with stereo system

im having trouble with system

i have :
    2 6.5 midbass woofers and 2 tweeters component system
    running off a 400 watt amp

1 12 1800 watt power acoustic 800 rms runnin off a 1000 watt kenwood amp

so two amps running 8g from battery to the two amps

i seem be be getting feedback every know and then i have a new alterneterreplaced 3 times cause of this so i just got a new alternater
    checkked all grounds wires power remote wire and rcas are on the opposite side or each other im about to get rid of this system cause its pissing me off any clue
    PLEASE HELP...................................

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

dont know why you have noise going on.. but id def look into a bigger guage wiring.. prolly a 4g.. but im sure someone can figure something out for ya

Comment

wait i dont understand... whats the problem?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

hes getting feedback .. idk if its on the subs or the speakers.. but he has some sort of noise...

im not an audio guy. i just noticed that he was running a real small guage for the watts hes pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
          hes getting feedback .. idk if its on the subs or the speakers.. but he has some sort of noise...

im not an audio guy. i just noticed that he was running a real small guage for the watts hes pushing..

gotcha, thanks for lettin me know

Hey hpaccord, where are you grounded?

make sure you got your ground on a good spot. I hope you made your own. Not attached to a seatbelt bolt or some shit.

make sure you scrapped all the paint off, too. Also make sure its tight.

wheres your stereo grounded?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

do a 4 or 6 guage wire and check the grounds.
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

it sounds like he is talking about altnerator whine......get an altnernator noise filter..........also turn down your amps...and get an amp noise filter...that should do the trick.

Comment

yeah i should have more clear the noise is coming from the speakers i have the ground on the back of the seat when u fold it down in the back seat there is a 13mm bolt and now to think of it i have one on the strut mount 14 mm bolt im gona take the paint off right now to see if it solves anything and also ill do a bigger gauge wire and the noise filter where do i get one ? picture are u talking about a cap?

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by hpaccord91
                  yeah i should have more clear the noise is coming from the speakers i have the ground on the back of the seat when u fold it down in the back seat there is a 13mm bolt and now to think of it i have one on the strut mount 14 mm bolt im gona take the paint off right now to see if it solves anything and also ill do a bigger gauge wire and the noise filter where do i get one ? picture are u talking about a cap?

make your own ground, preferably on the chassis. drill a hole and scrape the paint best way to go

and your going to need a ground loop isolator.

it's a common problem when you DIY. gloryaccordy told me that it when your deck is wired at a different point in the car than your amps.

so if you cant find a ground loop isolator. try running the ground wire on your deck to the same pont you have your amps grounded.

Hopefully you have your amps(if more than one) grounded at the same spot!

Comment

What type of radio is it, is it a pioneer?

Comment

you dont need a ground loop isolator, for some reason that is this forums solution to everything.
                      some things to look at
                      1. as said ground both amps at the same location, dont use an existing bolt, scrape paint off and screw it down to some bare metal. the shorter the gruond wire the better. it may help to connect a wire to the radios ground to the amps ground.
                      2. what kind of rcas are you using, cheap ones are good for subs but will make a mess out of full range speakers.
                      FA1

Comment

car toys grounded my wire behind my rear seat. if u fold the seat down and pull up the carpet its around there. if they did it its probly a good spot.
                        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

noise filters dillute power. make your own ground, good wires= better quality sound upgrade your power cable's should fix problem.
                          po crackers need speed too!

Comment

first of all only have 1 ground for all of your amps, or you could get a groung loop which would give you your whine.
                            second if you have extra rca wire dont loop it up and zip tie it it will create an inductive pickup.
                            your rca's or ground could be inducting a signal off your fuel pump
                            also check behind your head unit for loose and coiled up wires
                            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

I also hope you got your RCA's running down your car the opposate side of the power cable

Comment

Working...
                              X