cd deck has cd stuck in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd deck has cd stuck in it?

my panasonic deck has a cd stuck in it or some shit, plays radio fine, but wont read or eject the cd and its ALL sorts of screwy. my mom has had the car for 4 days and its already toast? WTF. should i just take it apart and take the cd out or what. my sister is PISSED at ME. could extreme heat cause this?

hmmm.....does it have like an emergency eject hole?

Comment

Do you hear any kind of noise when your trying to eject it, like the motor? I had a similar problem, what I did was take another cd and stuck it in ontop of the stuck cd (don't put cd in all the way) and I would put pressure down on the stuck cd because mine seemed to be out of track just a lil.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

yeah, try using a ballpoint pen to hit the reset button (if there is one) and see if that does it. Otherwise you might have to take it apart to get the CD.

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

cool... im stuck takin it apart

Comment

took it apart, got the cd out. i now know the problem, 2 pieces that fold down to accept a cd or let one out arent folding. GRRRR. fucking asshole panasonic.

Comment

is it fixable?

Maybe it needs a little greese to make them move smoothly?

It might be pretty easy to fix. Sounds all the electronics are working properly but it's just having alignment issues with moving parts or something like that.

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                yeah, try using a ballpoint pen to hit the reset button (if there is one) and see if that does it. Otherwise you might have to take it apart to get the CD.
                I agree!! reset then get hands dirty!
                My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                  is it fixable?

Maybe it needs a little greese to make them move smoothly?

It might be pretty easy to fix. Sounds all the electronics are working properly but it's just having alignment issues with moving parts or something like that.
                  Sounds about right to me. But are the parts not folding or are they not cooperating? Those parts are as annoying as anything I can tell you about. I have fixed one long time ago and I can tell you it will be very frustrating. Just keep your cool and line everything up. Have a friend hold any moving parts down with a flathead screwdriver.

P.S. Just remember that I said its annoying. If not BUY MY SONY!!!!! (its in my sig)

Comment

Working...
                  X