passenger side speakers suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passenger side speakers suck

sup guys, ive noticed that my front passenger speaker is out and my rear is extremely dim. the front are 5.25 from a 02 accord, so they are fairly new.

the 6x9's are oem and my deck is stock. the driver's side hits pretty well and they've worked like 3 months earlier w/ no problems at all.

do you guys think the stock deck is pooping out? i have even checked the connection to the speakers and the connection to tthe back of the deck and they are fine.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

checking the connection and checking the entire length of the wire is a completely different story...

regardless of the cause, i would suggest replacing the stock headunit.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

make sure your settings are right on your deck, you might have the fade to left, making that speaker louder and dimming the other one, just a thought
      Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
        make sure your settings are right on your deck, you might have the fade to left, making that speaker louder and dimming the other one, just a thought
        thats how i checked it
        I <3 G60.

Comment

are you running a sub?

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
            are you running a sub?
            no. everything is stock
            I <3 G60.

Comment

i had that happen with my stock unit , try jiggleing the dials it might be loose inside the deck..

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r
                i had that happen with my stock unit , try jiggleing the dials it might be loose inside the deck..
                when you have to jiggle the dials...its time for a nice unit........the EX has a nice sound system stock imo..

Comment

nah, id either get a integra cd player or just another stock working deck because i dont want to attract any theives and i have an ipod w/ a cassette adapter anyways.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

You could always get a component system, where the speakers are powered by an external amp, and keep the stock deck. that would keep it low profile, and sound really good.
                    Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
                      You could always get a component system, where the speakers are powered by an external amp, and keep the stock deck. that would keep it low profile, and sound really good.
                      but that would require money.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

why not jus go without a stereo that would sound nice and save weight jus a thought
                        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

because when i sell the car, i want the oem sound system to be at least operational.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

I'd say get some kind of low to mid-priced headunit from best buy. If you spend enough, they'll do installation for you, which really saved me when I bought my new JVC head unit a few days ago. It took the guy 3 hours to get everything working. Long story short, bose sound systems are a pain in the ass, had to bypass the amp completely, had to locate speaker wire for each speaker and splice in head unit wires. All in all, it was a PITA and I'm glad I decided to get the free installation. Also, best buy gives you a guarantee that if you want the old system put back in for any reason, they'll do it free of charge. Just a thought.

Oh, and the bose system that came with my car works on the same concept as described in a post above. A low-level signal is sent out through the bose headunit and to an amp that adjusts the level accordingly.

As far as replacing stuff goes, you'd be lucky NOT to spend money to fix the problem. It sounds like the headunit is heading south in a hurry. The front speakers can be replaced easily, if you have the right depth speakers. In my old LX, I was able to barely squeeze in a set of Infinity reference 6002i's with very minimal modification. The only thing I had to do was dremel out the back of the speaker basket. After that, the speaker was mounted and windows rolled down to check for clearance and everything was good. Those were 6.5" round speakers though, not the 5 1/4" ones you have.

All in all, I'd say get a new headunit that has a detachable face and have fun with it. Speakers too.
                            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                            ┴─┴
                            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

OEM stock deck go for cheap, I recently bought another since the belt (I believe) was slipping, it was cheaper to buy what looks to be a hardly used unit then to fix it. I also added the single disc OEM cd player (that goes where the pocket went) but that can cost some money too.
                              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
                              X