this is friggin bullshit..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is friggin bullshit..........

ok, i jst put my cd player in my gti, and the shit head will only power up on certain points on the ignition. everything is wired up right, and i catn figure out what the hell is wrong with it. when the car is turned on, the cd plaer goes off. its really pissing me off. ive never had any problems with this cd layer before, and i dont know why its giving me problems now. any help would be appreciated. thanks
    for sale
    sony 430 watt 3/2/1/ channel amp
    sparkomatic 60 watt eq

you probably tapped the wrong wire, check the main wire and the remote wire...even if u think, check it again with a tester of some sort.

this belongs in audio
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yeah the blue remote wire.

Comment

The blue remote wire should not even be messed with unless you are running an amp. Depending on the radio, the remote wire would tell your power ant. to go up and down, or sometimes blue with white stripe. On better radios you will have both. How do you have the yellow and red? And the orange the dimmer, do you have that hooked up? I never hook orange up on mine, most decks have dimmer built in anymore, plus I dont like a dim deck. The only time I do is when its a customers car. Let me know the make and model of your vehicle. Also what wiring you are using any smart harness and what not and we will get this fixed

Comment

check how you hooked up your ground wire...one of my coworkers hooked it up to the headlights and the deck turned off everytime the headlights got switched on...

Head Games Intl

Comment

Umm what are your co workers doing? Re wiring the whole car? Unless the harness was jacked up do to a theft, I dont see why/how he would incounter that. Unless doing a 90-95 chevy pickup. A new era has spoken. Its called smart connects. You can get them a lot of places. Plug the car side in, and the smart connect replaces the harness that comes in the box with the cd player and plugs into the back of the cd player. The other end plugs into the car side. No cutting of any wires, except for remote and or you use a amp for the highs. Let us know.

Comment

aight right....let's get one thing straight...before you start clowning on things don't don't know anything about....1....my co-worker had to hard wire the deck in....2....the light switch wire was black and if you know anything about colors for decks you think that that color is black...and that's what he did....but in that type of car black is not ground....easy to fix....

and let's not call them, "smart connects"....let's me it easier and just call them a wiring harness so everyone else knows what your talking about...and yes you can get a "wiring harness"at a lot of difference places...WE SELL THEM

Head Games Intl

Comment

buahahahahhahahahahahhahaha

:owned:
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

:wtf: To really state the truth here cheif, they are called SMART HARNESS. We call them smart connects. Your right, I know nothing about anything....:beat: Tpham, I wasn't getting smart with you first off, when I first read it last night I thought wtf is that guy doing... While laying in bed, I remebered all the times I saw and had some weird troubles as well.
                  let's get one thing straight...before you start clowning on things don't don't know anything about....
                  Second, I wasn't clowning. It you want to take it that way, thats your problem. I didn't mean anything by the post.

Comment

ok kids, lets get it together....obviously you both know your shit, and one calls something that the other doesnt...o well

lets HUG hahahaha....

Retro!

Hater

Comment

rofl cant we all get along?

Comment

i call them wiring harness too... never knew they were called smart harness also.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

it depends on where you get it from....at my store they call it a smart harness....anothers call it a wiring harness....noobie call it a plug thingy....

Head Games Intl

Comment

Working...
                          X